UFC has become as corrupt as boxing with the robberies

Teddy atlas is a legend. A burnt out, jaded legend.

All good, ppl see what they see and I respect his insight but that "bitter before I even wake up" thing is not for me.

Cheers, sherbro.
You will pay no matter what so your opinion doesn't matter to them. Mine does.

Reyes is the People's Light Heavyweight Champion and that's all that matters. Jon Jones' belt is basically a meaningless piece of crap now.

You idiots, it's subjective. The fight was so damn close. I had Jones 3-2. Stop fucking crying.

UFC is a promotion. Boxing is a sport. A legitimate sport with huge payouts, record setting gates, all time high PPV numbers, and better athletes.

That being said your issue is more about a state athletic commission or a black fighter who has faith in god and is a family man. Jon clearly won the fight and only those who feel bias against his character think otherwise.

You will pay no matter what so your opinion doesn't matter to them. Mine does.
Dude.. what's happening here?
Who will I be "paying no matter what?"
"My opinion doesn't matter, but yours does"
lol what the fuck is that?

Have a good week, bud.

UFC is a promotion. Boxing is a sport. A legitimate sport with huge payouts, record setting gates, all time high PPV numbers, and better athletes.

That being said your issue is more about a state athletic commission or a black fighter who has faith in god and is a family man. Jon clearly won the fight and only those who feel bias against his character think otherwise.

Boxing has much more instances of corruption as opposed to ineptitude or antiquated scoring rules. This website is brimming with emotional half wits, haters or huggers who think a five strike advantage is enough to erase any doubt in a round when they're negligible and contingent upon other factors.

A good example would be everyone crying Jones got knocked down early. He didn't, but they saw the slip as just that, lol.

Dude.. what's happening here?
Who will I be "paying no matter what?"
"My opinion doesn't matter, but yours does"
lol what the fuck is that?

Have a good week, bud.

They don't respect you and take you for granted because that's how corporations think. Corporations are sociopathic by nature.

That's what the fuck it is.

Live scoring gives fighters a fair chance to overcome questionable judging.

Very true brother, I agree. A robbery is when one guy totally dominates every second on the fight and the judges give it too the other guy, like lets take Jones vs Rashad for just a example.. if judges said Rashad won that fight, it would be a legit robbery

But when fights are so close like Jones vs Reyes then there is no robbery in my opinion.. its just very subjective. Its all a matter of opinion, if we are wrong then why did everyone have different opinions in the sherdog play by play thread? I saw all sorts of scores.. many people thought it was a draw, including my dad.
I disagree, while Dana is Dana, Joe Silva called it a draw and Joe Rogan was freaking out like he was convinced Reyes had it in the bag. Hell even Dom was beating around the bush probably in fear of the repercussions.

Your opinion doesn't reflect the actual scorecards. At least 2/3 of the judges were competent and open to giving Reyes rounds if he did enough to earn them. If the fight had gone to the scorecards after three rounds, Dominick Reyes' would have won a split decision.

He threw the fight away in those final two, championship rounds. If he had won just ONE of those rounds clearly and solidly, we would be calling him the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion right now, because he would have won a split decision.

But he didn't, and that's a discussion most of you won't be ready to have for a while.

Your an idiot of you think they aren’t in favor of what the UFC wants. I’m sure they are payed off in some way
Anyone giving the ufc the benefit of the doubt at this juncture is definitely an idiot

This isn't something new. You cannot sit here and tell me politics has nothing to do with it when the sport is almost entirely about politics. Matchmaking is politics. It was literally in the released documents from the recent court cases on how they pressured fighters to take bad fights and not give them a choice. How they manipulated careers to benefit the UFC's position in contract negotiations.

This is why I almost completely stopped caring. I only follow JJ cause she pulled me in.

Saw this posted over on Reddit and it doesn't shock me in the least. There's many stories like this:

Your opinion doesn't reflect the actual scorecards. At least 2/3 of the judges were competent and open to giving Reyes rounds if he did enough to earn them. If the fight had gone to the scorecards after three rounds, Dominick Reyes' would have won a split decision.

He threw the fight away in those final two, championship rounds. If he had won just ONE of those rounds clearly and solidly, we would be calling him the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion right now, because he would have won a split decision.

But he didn't, and that's a discussion most of you won't be ready to have for a while.

Ever. Forever. Lol.

Thank you. This fight was awesome, both men dug deep, it was close but Jon definitely won.

Back