News UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman has a heart attack, in hospital waiting for operation

This is in no way fighter bashing, but discussing a real issue...heavy steroid use destroys your heart. Kimbo and Randleman both died prematurely from heart attacks, and plenty of other MMA fighters from the good old no testing days have had heart issues way too young. I wish Coleman the best.

Absolutely, it's not a mere coincidence when you hear of the former WWE guys having a heart attack in their 40s or early 50s. I mean, out of all my friends parents, I can't think of a single 1 of them who's parents had a heart attack at age 45. Not saying heart attacks don't happen in the general population, but its super super rare for 45 yr old non-obese people to get a heart attack.

I wish Mark the best and a quick recovery.

He's not having an operation he is having a heart catheterization, it's done under twilight not very invasive and very routine. He should be out of the hospital within 24 hours after it and be perfectly fine.

In before some asshole says using steroids is not dangerous because they don't know the difference between using something moderately and abusing something. But you are right - the abuse of these drugs is extremely damaging to the cardiovascular system and almost assuredly played a big role.
You're right. I think the most obvious point is that all these athletes, body builders and wrestlers ect are using steroids from the black market, on their own dosage regimen, and like any illicit drug, it's far too easy to start upping the dose. It straight up abusing it from the start.

There's plenty of guys in their 40s and 50s who take synthetic T from a doctor, and it's of great benefit to them. Medicinal amounts of T is usually very small however. If you look unnaturally big, or can train far harder and longer than a regular person due to stwroids, you are abusing them. Truth is, most guys under 40 would just be abusing testosterone no matter the dosage, because their levels are completely normal. So you drastically raise your T count, put huge stress on your heart, then end up having a heart attack prematurely in life and possibly die. Sounds awesome.

Absolutely, it's not a mere coincidence when you hear of the former WWE guys having a heart attack in their 40s or early 50s. I mean, out of all my friends parents, I can't think of a single 1 of them who's parents had a heart attack at age 45. Not saying heart attacks don't happen in the general population, but its super super rare for 45 yr old non-obese people to get a heart attack.
I know a couple people who had early heart attacks that weren't necessarily fat or anything, it's really rare but I think it had something to do with genetics in their family.

Glad to see he's recovering. Hope he gets better.

randy had this happen not too long ago

he also released a masturbation video ... just to leave a final image for you <Lmaoo>

he also released a masturbation video ... just to leave a final image for you <Lmaoo>

Noooo what the fuck! I didn't need that mental image of a naked Randy slumped over his keyboard fapping to a CRT monitor...

Breaking Mark Coleman pounds out heart attack for a unanimous 30-24 Victory

Randy was like hmmm I might be having a heart attack, ima walk to the hospital
<Goldie11>

How Fedor Emelianenko left Humpty Dumpty in the ring and now this. Those are hard times.

Not Just steroid use. Extremely Jacked dudes have a history of heart issues. Working out and overtraining and having massive muscle mass will lower your life expectancy. But so will smoking and drinking.

Poor guy sucks this happens to him. Hopefully he has health insurance or something.

Just the ones on steroids.

Thats incorrect. Body Mass regardless of roid usage puts a strain on the heart. Hell having a big body puts strain and leads to problems down the line.

The more Muscle mass the harder your heart needs to work to supply them with Oxygen. Its why alot of the Superjacked big guys struggle with cardio

Back