News UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman has a heart attack, in hospital waiting for operation

Damn, good luck with the recovery.

Now that I think of it. Randy had a heart attack too and walked himself to the hospital.

Could someone on here explain PEDs and heart disease?

This is in no way fighter bashing, but discussing a real issue...heavy steroid use destroys your heart. Kimbo and Randleman both died prematurely from heart attacks, and plenty of other MMA fighters from the good old no testing days have had heart issues way too young. I wish Coleman the best.
That is just reality. It is also why the people who just say let them do whatever they want are a bunch of idiots.

Hope everything goes well and he recovers soon. War Mark.

My best wishes to the Hammer.

"I hadn’t been feeling well for a long time but Tuesday at 7pm my chest tightened up and my arms went numb it was surly going to go away it didn’t at 2:00am I texted my daughter just to give her a heads up she wasn’t having it so I grabbed my keys and made my way to the Hospital I thought for sure there was really nothing wrong. The results came back I was so wrong my artery was completely blocked I had a heart attack I am so great full I went in something was telling me to go it’s not to time yet there is more to do . Tomorrow the doc will try to bust through the artery and put a stent in And then I will have to continue to make changes for the better because there are things that I still want to do .Love you all see you soon"

Nice thread, well written considering the sensitivity of the topic. Thank you for the thread TS.

best wishes to mark

Prayers up for Hammer!

Hope he pulls through.

This is in no way fighter bashing, but discussing a real issue...heavy steroid use destroys your heart. Kimbo and Randleman both died prematurely from heart attacks, and plenty of other MMA fighters from the good old no testing days have had heart issues way too young. I wish Coleman the best.

Randleman never had a heart attack he died of pneumonia. Steroids do damage cardiovascular but are often not solely the culprit. In Kimbos case he was well known to have done tons of coke. Stimulants combined with roids is the worst.

I know a couple people who had early heart attacks that weren't necessarily fat or anything, it's really rare but I think it had something to do with genetics in their family.

Yes, it's called familial hypercholesterolemia.

This is what I came to say. I wish him well.

May God bless him and give him a fast and speedy recovery.

I wonder how much debt he is going to be in after this operation? Health system is so pathetic. Dana should help him out , its prob worth about a 10 minute blackjack session for him.

I hope he's ok.

I hate to say if but massive steroids usage had to have played a part in this. It sucks bc he was such a big part of the sport and while I never I met him a friend of mine who fought met him and said he was an absolute awesome person.

It's what got the Ultimate Warrior in the end...

Randleman never had a heart attack he died of pneumonia. Steroids do damage cardiovascular but are often not solely the culprit. In Kimbos case he was well known to have done tons of coke. Stimulants combined with roids is the worst.

Plus diet. I kinda doubt these guys were very focused on getting enough fiber in their diets.

Sucks that he waited 7 hours to make his way to the hospital - these early hours are huge. Hope he gets well.

Last I knew he was flat broke but as you said dunno about these days
Which is crazy. I'm not saying the guy should be getting everything for free for the rest of his life but to think he probably has to set up a go fund me account for this being a big name from the early days is kind of unforgivable

This, it likely was drug abuse that ruined his hearts health. Humans arent supposed to be getting so jacked on gear like that it comes at a cost...

Back