News UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman has a heart attack, in hospital waiting for operation

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score

My best wishes to the Hammer.

"I hadn’t been feeling well for a long time but Tuesday at 7pm my chest tightened up and my arms went numb it was surly going to go away it didn’t at 2:00am I texted my daughter just to give her a heads up she wasn’t having it so I grabbed my keys and made my way to the Hospital I thought for sure there was really nothing wrong. The results came back I was so wrong my artery was completely blocked I had a heart attack I am so great full I went in something was telling me to go it’s not to time yet there is more to do . Tomorrow the doc will try to bust through the artery and put a stent in And then I will have to continue to make changes for the better because there are things that I still want to do .Love you all see you soon"

I hope he's ok.

I hate to say if but massive steroids usage had to have played a part in this. It sucks bc he was such a big part of the sport and while I never I met him a friend of mine who fought met him and said he was an absolute awesome person.

Wishing him all the best. Looks like he saved his own life going to the hospital.

really hope he makes it thru, has a nice big stent put in and he'll probably feel a million dollars after that is done with the substantially increased bloodflow.

Come on Mark, you got this beat.

Good Luck Mark, hope you bounce back strong

This is in no way fighter bashing, but discussing a real issue...heavy steroid use destroys your heart. Kimbo and Randleman both died prematurely from heart attacks, and plenty of other MMA fighters from the good old no testing days have had heart issues way too young. I wish Coleman the best.

This is in no way fighter bashing, but discussing a real issue...heavy steroid use destroys your heart. Kimbo and Randleman both died prematurely from heart attacks, and plenty of other MMA fighters from the good old no testing days have had heart issues way too young. I wish Coleman the best.

In before some asshole says using steroids is not dangerous because they don't know the difference between using something moderately and abusing something. But you are right - the abuse of these drugs is extremely damaging to the cardiovascular system and almost assuredly played a big role.

Fuck I wish him the best he’s so young and has two young daughters.

I heard that most bodybuilders have heart problems

Get well soon, Hammer!!!

The Godfather of Ground & Pound!

Terrible news! I join the rest of you in wishing him a full and quick recovery.

Back