UFC further turning into a joke

Yet you're still follow and watch the product, sucker
dana-white-laughing-mma.png
Yeah especially when product is free.

You're still going to watch

Not sure about that, for few months i will watch 1 or 2 fights of PPV on stream and i go sleep. Will not stay up till 5 AM to watch this shitfest. For fight nights I'm checking results on sunday and that's it

Why are on here complaining about a sport you don't even watch?

Makes you wonder if we really need contenders anymore, just give fights to those with the highest name recognition. Forget about those foolz trying to build themselves up through good old fighting and ladder climbing.

When i though it's impossible to do more dumb stuff by UFC, they caught me off guard again.

Cejudo vs Aldo on 2 fight losing streak (2-4 in his last 6)

Izzy vs Romero on 2 fight losing streak (1-3 in his last 4)

and now fresh match up which we never saw before (except this December): Vollan vs Max 2

All of this is very original, innovative and fresh. Totally not boring. Especially that we recently had like 439535743579438437 other auto rematches where fighters didn't fight anybody else in mean time.

I blame retarded fans: as soon as somebody wins even by vicious KO, 2 minutes later there's thread that x would totally destroy y in rematch and that it would be great to see the rematch asap, preferably the same nigh...

Honest question why not just watch the PFL instead? Every match up is 100% merit based. That's what you want? Right?

I think you all are disrespecting Aldo big time here, He's the Fw GOAT, One of the greatest of all time.. He's last 2 fights were losses to the current champ and the number 1 contender Moraes, Which alot of people thought Aldo won.. Who else are you gonna put agains Cejudo, Some unknown on a 2 or 3 fight winning streak over nobodies.. Put some god damn respest on Aldo's Name.. This is why i can't stand alot of mma fans..
It was/is bullshit how everyone has talked about Holloway being the goat fw. Aldo raked his competition for YEARS, and in devastating fashion

It follows a similar pattern in terms of its promotion. I think its pretty clear that once someone hits a title fight/champion status, they tend to get a lot of those fights, and I think the main reason is the amount of promotion/media coverage the fighter gets brings name recognition that they want to milk as long as possible. Aldo fighting for the title vs some other BW who is just a good up and coming fighter should be a no brainer since Aldo has more name recognition and likely will lead to more sales.

I doubt Dana will retire soon. And I'm not sure if the guy who comes next would be an improvement. Not straight away for sure so there could be painful transition period. Let's also not forget that it's not always Dana who is responisble for match ups: he has two lame matchmakers who should be blamed...
I personally love Dana. Dude is a genius. I think the Fertittas (sp?) got out at the right time and I think Dana is riding the wave that is fixing to crash. Conor talking about fighting 3x in one year? I think maybe Dana called in one last favor on Conor and will sell out / leave the company at years end. That’s my conspiracy theory.

Give Aldo a break. I thought he deserved to win the Moraes fight

You're seriously advocating for a fighter to sit out instead of you know taking a fight? It's making the best out of a shit situation giving Romero the shot. Man so many champs only fight once or twice a year and you want a champ who wants to be active to sit. Who cares? Costa can fight the winner, he's still gonna get a title shot.
He be Dick riding costa.

Why are on here complaining about a sport you don't even watch?
so I assume when you don't like for example a government in a country you just sit there and pray that something will change? I don't give a shit about NFL, Basketball and i don't sit on forums about basketball and complain there. I complain here about UFC, best MMA organization because it used to be good, it's turning shit and i would like it to be better like that i can watch it again....

Yoel got the shot because Costa is hurt and Izzy wants to fight. He already beat Whittaker so Yoel is the next best opponent, not a big deal.

Honest question why not just watch the PFL instead? Every match up is 100% merit based. That's what you want? Right?

Again, PFL doesn't have the best of the best unfortunately. And it's not entirely true every match up is 100% merit based: some guys got injured or failed test and then they came up with some new matchups. I like PFL's formula, they just need more legit guys.

Meh not really bothered by the fights even if they dont make sense ranking wise. Its also not really a new concept. Bisping fought Henderson for a title defense. CM Punk got a crack at Stipe and knocked him out, sure he was the underdog but he showed to be the superior fighter.

Ever since Ufc has tried to make it a "sport" like basketball it's gone down hill. Weight limits for heavyweights? No sponsors? Rival gym wars? Fun freak show fights? Styles competing against each other (always fun) ? It's all gone now so dana white can toot his own horn on espn while the real entertainment suffered.

WMMA has some bangers that may change your mind

Back