UFC further turning into a joke

This is basically where I'm at .... unless fight night cards have , at least, a few fights of relevance ( real relevance) besides main event.
This is a mainstream sport now but it really isnt ( the way its run)
How can you call it a sport when UFC allows a actor with no amatuer or professional fights in the UFC, and the AC sanctioned the fight. If it was a real sport, that would never be allowed to take place.

Depends how you look at it. UFC was for me always a way to decide who's the best fighter in their weight class. I simply can't cope with Romero having 3rd belt fight in his 5 when he is on 2 fights skid. If he would be that good, he would win these fights. If we give TS to losing guys, lets fuck rankings, contenders and what's right and just do fun matchups of the month instead.

Max got destroyed by Poirier in weight class in which he should naturally fight. Now if he wins, then we are fucking sure there will be same fight going on for THIRD time! It will be third time when same guys are fighting and other contenders are sitting and watching it. You guys are honestly not bored to watch fights between same guys over and over again? How many times 2 guys need to fight between each other so we can be really sure one is better than another? I really would like to have serious and honest answer...
First paragraph: See, you're concerned with records. You care about the narrative more than reality. Look into why the losses are there, by looking into the details of the fights. And look at the details of the potential fights to be made, as I did in the post you quoted. MMA is about finding the best fighter, not finding a pretty-looking record. Izzy/Yoel isn't just a fun matchup; it's a competitive matchup, and more interesting than Izzy/Costa and Izzy/Cannonier to me. The goal of the UFC should be to put together competitive and exciting matchups, and this is clearly both. The only way it's bad is the whole record issue, which wouldn't be a concern to you were you more interested in the reality (the sport of fighting) than the narrative (the game of titles, rankings, and records).

Holloway/Volkanovski 1 was a boring fight, and that's my biggest issue with the rematch. If Holloway clearly wins then I could see them holding off on doing the rubber match right away. Especially if it's boring again. It also depends on how attractive the other contenders are. Zabit and KZ are both exciting contenders, but they haven't thoroughly earned their shots. I wanna see both of them fight Alex and Max, but I can be patient.

YOu said you were Russian, I think?
I find it a bit ironic for you to post this pic, given that Russia literally abandonned Moscow when Napoleon marched in.
He can't conquer the capital if we literally abandon it.
<seedat>

Also, we did actually have a huge battle just a week prior.
Not like we pussied out and ran without fighting.
Like the French would.
<BronTroll1>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Borodino

How can you call it a sport when UFC allows a actor with no amatuer or professional fights in the UFC, and the AC sanctioned the fight. If it was a real sport, that would never be allowed to take place.
Yeah ... and I'm not even talking about that ( and that's a fair point). I wish Fertitta s never left. There was room for capitchulation in fighters getting a union/ some sort of protection ( in long run everyone makes out and mma becomes an attraction instead of a precautionary tale for mmartists coming over and not knowing what they're getting into ( $$$$) )

Volkan vs Max 2 is confirmed??????

That is some stupid ass shit. The division is fucking stale.

I totally agree that Aldo and Romero don't deserve title shots, however I will be happy to watch both fights. There is something special when there are two name fighters going at it though.

That is the problem you're gonna get without the Ali act or without an independent ranking system then you would get mandatory challengers to fight. There was a good clip on youtube of Randy Couture testifying (I forget where but maybe in front of the US Senate) about this type of thing...

The UFC isn't the only thing Randy has exposed!:(

Unless you can prove you’re gonna stop watching then this thread was pointless.

Sherdog is not your therapist.

tenor.gif

none of this is new. not in mma, or even boxing.

and who are the much better options?

like usain bolt playing soccer? or michael jordan playing baseball?

people want to pretend cm punk's fights had any meaning other than 2 inexperienced fighters fighting against each other with some fan interest behind it. stop pretending it had any other meaning. the ufc puts on mma shows. they fought an mma match. deal with it. cm punk was 2 fights out of thousands.

Costa is hurt, Canonier is hurt. Izy had no other better opponent.
Cejudo-Moraes just happened, the rematch made no sense. I thought Moraes won vs Aldo but it was close enough and Aldo deserves it for his whole career.
Max has been a dominant champ, if he wants a rematch he should get it. I prefer a Volkanovski - KZ matchup first though.

none of this is new. not in mma, or even boxing.

and who are the much better options?

For Cejudo? Sandhagen, Yan, Sterling? You saw Yan fight?

FW: Korean Zombie. Long overdue.

For MW: yes there's nobody now except Romero.

For Cejudo? Sandhagen, Yan, Sterling? You saw Yan fight?

FW: Korean Zombie. Long overdue.

For MW: yes there's nobody now except Romero.
so why are you complaining about romero?

I've never been one to get caught up in the championship picture. I just want to see two bad asses compete. I think that I rob myself of the viewing experience if get too caught up in whether this person "deserves" to fight that person. In the end, what I really care about is the action, not the legacies.

Dude it's fine. Aldo is a legend with a couple years left. Yan KO'd 40 year old Faber FFS. Sterling got KO'd in the first vs the only real top 5 elite guy he fought.
Let Aldo fight Cejudo, Yan fight Aljo, and it works itself out naturally.

It was always a pseudosport. I'm fine with Yoel's title shot because there's literally no one else available. Costa out, Cannonier out.
Aldo's title shot is kinda wacky but still a good fight, meanwhile Yan and Aljo can fight.
Indefensible however is Max vs Volkanovski 2 - no one wants to see that - everyone would prefer KZ getting the shot meanwhile Yair and Zabit can fight it out.

I've learnt to take rankings and records not so seriously anymore. I'd prefer the UFC to be more professional and sportslike but the reality is they aren't.

Back