UFC further turning into a joke

I think you all are disrespecting Aldo big time here, He's the Fw GOAT, One of the greatest of all time.. He's last 2 fights were losses to the current champ and the number 1 contender Moraes, Which alot of people thought Aldo won.. Who else are you gonna put agains Cejudo, Some unknown on a 2 or 3 fight winning streak over nobodies.. Put some god damn respest on Aldo's Name.. This is why i can't stand alot of mma fans..

I do think there are certain markers which define the exact moments when excitement in the fanbase was lost. One is WME, another is interim belts all over the shop, another is Reebok, fourth is USADA, and lastly... ESPN. The people complaining in 2020 have either a higher tolerance than me or they may be newer fans, because we've been seeing this stuff for years at this point. YEARS. The only fun for me now is the memes and salt.

Well, it depends on how what you set as success criteria though. UFC/MMA has undeniably grown despite all the things you mention, so from their perspective they must be doing something right.

Also, I think you should consider also how much the UFC decide vs what the champs want to do. For example in the case of Aldo and Yoel it's mroe a case of letting Cejudo and Adesanya getting the opponents they wanted. Not sure about Max vs Volk but ot of these 3 fights is the one that makes most sense imho.

giphy.gif
<FookIsThatGuy>{<redford}

both great fights.
best match up for izzy
for Henry, i would have preferred aljo. maybe they want to see him won a main event fight before he gets a title fight

When i though it's impossible to do more dumb stuff by UFC, they caught me off guard again.

Cejudo vs Aldo on 2 fight losing streak (2-4 in his last 6)

Izzy vs Romero on 2 fight losing streak (1-3 in his last 4)

and now fresh match up which we never saw before (except this December): Vollan vs Max 2

All of this is very original, innovative and fresh. Totally not boring. Especially that we recently had like 439535743579438437 other auto rematches where fighters didn't fight anybody else in mean time.

I blame retarded fans: as soon as somebody wins even by vicious KO, 2 minutes later there's thread that x would totally destroy y in rematch and that it would be great to see the rematch asap, preferably the same nigh...
I understand the MW title bout, costa is injured, cannonier is injured ( apart that he needs one more win to be a legit contender) and till has only one fight in MW. Romero has enough KOs to be a contender out of nowhere in the division and his last fights have been close as fuck.
The bantamweight fight is just top notch ufc bullshit. Sterling, yan and sandhagen would have made this fight far more interesting, hope cejudo gets KTFO.

It’s unfortunate that costa was hurt

but the others are wack as fuck matches

I'm with you TS. Don't try and reason with this below average IQ collection on here. What other championships are celebrated with one team getting there by losing.

When i though it's impossible to do more dumb stuff by UFC, they caught me off guard again.

Cejudo vs Aldo on 2 fight losing streak (2-4 in his last 6)

Izzy vs Romero on 2 fight losing streak (1-3 in his last 4)

and now fresh match up which we never saw before (except this December): Vollan vs Max 2

All of this is very original, innovative and fresh. Totally not boring. Especially that we recently had like 439535743579438437 other auto rematches where fighters didn't fight anybody else in mean time.

I blame retarded fans: as soon as somebody wins even by vicious KO, 2 minutes later there's thread that x would totally destroy y in rematch and that it would be great to see the rematch asap, preferably the same nigh...
If you were more concerned with the sport of fighting and less concerned with the game of rankings and records, you'd be fine with these fights.

Aldo will probably be betting favorite against Cejudo as he has a great style to beat him.

While I think Israel beats Yoel, Yoel poses bigger threats than either Borrachinha or Cannonier IMO. On the feet Izzy picks all three apart. But Yoel has that crazy unpredictability, and of course the wrestling.

Holloway has dominated featherweight for years, and his fight with Volkanovski was close. I think I'll actually pick Max to reclaim his title. This is a great example of an immediate rematch being justified.

Who cares. I don't buy ppv's anyway. I am just glad that one day the UFC will go under, and i can feel good that i am somewhat responsible by not paying for their garbage ppv's.

I don't pay a cent for UFC products either but that is a stupid comment.
Being glad that the UFC will go under implies that their product has a negative value to you. If it does, why do you watch UFC events and why are you even posting on a UFC forum?

Today on another edition of Shertard's UFC is Dying...

Last edited:
If you were more concerned with the sport of fighting and less concerned with the game of rankings and records, you'd be fine with these fights.

Aldo will probably be betting favorite against Cejudo as he has a great style to beat him.

While I think Israel beats Yoel, Yoel poses bigger threats than either Borrachinha or Cannonier IMO. On the feet Izzy picks all three apart. But Yoel has that crazy unpredictability, and of course the wrestling.

Holloway has dominated featherweight for years, and his fight with Volkanovski was close. I think I'll actually pick Max to reclaim his title. This is a great example of an immediate rematch being justified.

Depends how you look at it. UFC was for me always a way to decide who's the best fighter in their weight class. I simply can't cope with Romero having 3rd belt fight in his 5 when he is on 2 fights skid. If he would be that good, he would win these fights. If we give TS to losing guys, lets fuck rankings, contenders and what's right and just do fun matchups of the month instead.

Max got destroyed by Poirier in weight class in which he should naturally fight. Now if he wins, then we are fucking sure there will be same fight going on for THIRD time! It will be third time when same guys are fighting and other contenders are sitting and watching it. You guys are honestly not bored to watch fights between same guys over and over again? How many times 2 guys need to fight between each other so we can be really sure one is better than another? I really would like to have serious and honest answer...

I don't pay a cent for UFC products either but that is a stupid comment.
Being glad that the UFC will go under implies that their product has a negative value to you. If it does, why do you watch UFC events and why are you even posting on a UFC forum?
Its like ripping off a bandaid. You know its going to hurt, but afterward the air will help the wound heal.
In other words, mma would be better off without ufc. And i started watching ufc when SIG owned it, if the current product we have now was back then, i would have never been interested in it.

Not sure about that, for few months i will watch 1 or 2 fights of PPV on stream and i go sleep. Will not stay up till 5 AM to watch this shitfest. For fight nights I'm checking results on sunday and that's it
This is basically where I'm at .... unless fight night cards have , at least, a few fights of relevance ( real relevance) besides main event.
This is a mainstream sport now but it really isnt ( the way its run)

Back