UFC FN: Jessica Andrade vs. Erin Blanchfield, February 18

well she made a kimura, which is some high level shit. Also she is insanely flexible, noone can do that high elbow guillotine as she done to Aldritch.

She's a high level grappler as far as WMMA, but not because she subbed Meatball with a kimura. A kimura isn't "high level". It can be effective but we always called it (along with the Americana/keylock) a "big man's sub". Because it often times is as much about brute strength as it is technique.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big dude and I'd use those subs too but they weren't "high level".

Pogues is small but fat. He has fast hands and that's it. He was wrestlefucked by bum Polizzi, and Parisian has decent takedowns. And if he take him down it will be tko. I expect same fight as with Alan Badout.
Polizzi is like 10 times the wrestler Parisian is though, Josh only has size. As far as Baudot goes, I made money on Josh's TKO prop there but I wouldn't make too much of that fight since Alan is quite literally one of the worst fighters UFC picked up in recent years, and if I recall Parisian also got roughed up there which isn't a good sign.

Also keep in mind that Parisian probably should have lost to Roque, who is very low level as well and is one of the few guys who can say that he was mauled by Mayes. And is also responsible for having Porter stick around for as long as he did.

Basically, I do get why someone might think Parisian at dog odds is a good bet here, but he's shown so many negatives throughout his UFC run that I wouldn't feel comfortable backing him against someone with any sort of talent.

HOW ISNT ANYONE TALKING ABOUT ASKHABOV VS EMMERS?
Lost time and money talking about the main event (which in my opinions is a huge step up for Erin who hasn't showed this quality to take one of HoF of WMMA), and forget to discuss about other fights.
Going 2u ON Askhabov, the boy hasn't been fighting in octagon due to VISA issues but has had the best of MMA got on training camp (Tiger Muay Thai and ATT), Parrumpa (ATT's coach) been impressed with the Chechen (said on youtube channel) and Emmers is legit but Askhabov is scary tbh.

anyone thoughts?

He's a bit of a fraud, I think he probably beats Emmers but it's not a lock.

Pogues is small but fat. He has fast hands and that's it. He was wrestlefucked by bum Polizzi, and Parisian has decent takedowns. And if he take him down it will be tko. I expect same fight as with Alan Badout.

Dude Polizzi is a good wrestler, much better than Parisian. Please do your research before making statements like that.

He's a bit of a fraud, I think he probably beats Emmers but it's not a lock.

I watched a few of his fights and he seems pretty good. So not sure if he is a fraud, but I don't think he is as good as his record shows. On the contrary I think Emmers is better than his record shows. No way that Askhabov would be 23-0 if he had faced the same fighters that Emmers has.

I put a small bet on Emmers at +135 a while ago, I kind of regretting the bet a little. Could be value on Askhabov since the odds have tighten now. It's a tricky fight, I think Askhabov could go out and smoke Emmers, but I also think there is a scenario where Emmers makes this really close.

I watched a few of his fights and he seems pretty good. So not sure if he is a fraud, but I don't think he is as good as his record shows. On the contrary I think Emmers is better than his record shows. No way that Askhabov would be 23-0 if he had faced the same fighters that Emmers has.

I put a small bet on Emmers at +135 a while ago, I kind of regretting the bet a little. Could be value on Askhabov since the odds have tighten now. It's a tricky fight, I think Askhabov could go out and smoke Emmers, but I also think there is a scenario where Emmers makes this really close.
I thought about betting Emmers but passed on it after his last fight with Sabatini.

Had him there and he was handling it pretty well until his brain turned off, which makes me think he might find a way to lose against Ash even if he looks well.

Yeah, his best win is Donovan Desmae, who's a solid upper tier Euro regional guy, but it's not like he ran through him or anything. When I say fraud I don't mean that he sucks, but he's not what you'd expect from a 23-0 guy.

Yeah, his best win is Donovan Desmae, who's a solid upper tier Euro regional guy, but it's not like he ran through him or anything. When I say fraud I don't mean that he sucks, but he's not what you'd expect from a 23-0 guy.
No. I get what you mean and I agree.

Blanch is the unproven prospect. But i will take a stab at the young blood showing things Andrade isn't ready for. Why? I just think this new generation of fighters can bring something the vets aren't used to. Im fully prepared to eat shit if Andrade 1 punches her in rd 1.

Just realized this card is earlier in the day, starts in the afternoon. Looks like prelims will be watched on my phone at the pool...

I don't wanna miss my EASY $ play of Lins finishing OSP after all haha!

Just realized this card is earlier in the day, starts in the afternoon. Looks like prelims will be watched on my phone at the pool...

I don't wanna miss my EASY $ play of Lins finishing OSP after all haha!
Im Tailing this like a mooch

I kind of agree with you but he's training at Att now and tiger muay thai. I don't wanna touch either guy. This could be another case like Bryan Battle vs Rinat.

Rinat had a can stacked record but then still showed good wrestling is hard to beat. I'd sit this one out , it's a test fight for sure and Emmers is solid across the board.

She's a high level grappler as far as WMMA, but not because she subbed Meatball with a kimura. A kimura isn't "high level". It can be effective but we always called it (along with the Americana/keylock) a "big man's sub". Because it often times is as much about brute strength as it is technique.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big dude and I'd use those subs too but they weren't "high level".

Yes, his kimura argument was a bit odd. That was always my go to, especially against people better than me. It's something that you can get by as long as you have strength and understand basic positioning. I'd put most submissions over that as far as technique goes.

Yes, his kimura argument was a bit odd. That was always my go to, especially against people better than me. It's something that you can get by as long as you have strength and understand basic positioning. I'd put most submissions over that as far as technique goes.

Shit, I remember reading your posts when I was in high school. I'm in my 30's now. The memories

100%

I would actually use it more to sweep from bottom vs guys who were uber aggressive with their guard passing than I would trying to sub guys. I would find that guys who were newer and learned new guard passes always wanted to try them out right away and showed little patience. Could catch them overcommitting and snag that Kimura grip on the opposite side they were trying to pass on and it didn't take a ton of torque to flip them over because they'd gotten too far over in trying to clear their leg.

Didn't work with more experienced guys though LOL.

Shit, I remember reading your posts when I was in high school. I'm in my 30's now. The memories

I was with @PuertoRican in Vegas a couple weeks ago and we were talking about the guys who've been here longest haha. I immediately said Oblivian and his threads in the heavies before we even had a betting subforum.

Im on Miller as well with these odds, he will have survive a scary first round but I think he should be able to take over in the second. Hernandez has a lot of power but not a great gas tank and slows down a lot later in the fight, also this is a pretty quick turnaround for him after all the damage he took from Billy Q in his his last fight.

Watched the weigh-in face offs. Am I the only one who thought the height difference between Andrade and Blanchfield would be bigger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back