UFC FN: Jessica Andrade vs. Erin Blanchfield, February 18

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Blanchfield

Erin Blanchfield now set to face Jessica Andrade
in a 5-round showdown at 125 pounds. Blanchfield’s original opponent Taila Santos opted not to compete on Feb. 18 after two of her coaches were denied visas into the United States. That ultimately led to the one-time flyweight title challenger dropping out of the fight, which necessitated the late switch. With Santos out, the UFC secured Andrade as a replacement after she just fought at UFC 283 a few weeks ago where she decimated Lauren Murphy in a lopsided decision over three rounds.

Erin Blanchfield vs Jessica Andrade:

Blanchfield 3.14961 inches taller
Blanchfield 6.29921 inch reach advantage
Blanchfield 8 years younger, age 23

Fight at 125 pounds

Erin Blanchfield (age 23) walks around at (May 2022) “around like 140 pounds” and typical weight on fight night “usually get back to, like, 135 pounds”

Jessica Andrade lowered her walk around weight to 132 pounds back in 2015, she probably walks around now at a solid amount but she made a weight cut to 115.5 in April 2022 and is now 31 years old, she will turn 32 in September 2023 …. She made a weight cut to 125.0 pounds on January 20, 2023. She is weighing in again within 30 days of her last weight cut. This is her 23rd UFC fight since 2013.......... she had a herniated disc in her back in July 2022 and had to rest for 3 weeks

I like to bet Americans anyway so I will def be taking Erin

UFC Vegas 69
https://twitter.com/search?q=#UFCVegas69&src=typed_query&f=live

UFC FN: February 18

(Marlon Vera vs Cory Sandhagen rescheduled to March 25)

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/94589-ufc-fight-night

Saturday 02.18.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
Venue: UFC Apex

5 round main event

FoEJnunaUAEwxCg.jpg

iSxYTVZ.png

Last edited:
I’m betting Taila at evens all day. Probably up to -150.

Talia just seems like the better athlete.

I don't normally use this argument point, but when i see two fighters with similar strengths, I side with the one with the better physique.

Talia just seems like the better athlete.

I don't normally use this argument point, but when i see two fighters with similar strengths, I side with the one with the better physique.
Santos is 2 inches taller with a 2 inch reach advantage, fought 5 rounds in her last fight, has the striking advantage, and has way more power in her strikes.

Aldrich took Blanchfield down 2 times and Blanchfield looked really bad on the feet after she failed on 4 take downs. Blanchfield was lucky to get the submission to save her ass, and to save my ass cuz I had a bet on her.

Blanchfield is a legit grappling ace. Not quite Dern level but the next step down in terms of WMMA. The problem is that's all she does really well. Santos has way more advantages.

A Blanchfield meme sub is possible but odds around even has to be a bet on Santos.

At first look can see some decent value on Talia Santos, Jim Miller, William Knight, OSP, Themba Gorimbo, Askhabov, Pouges. Anyone got any opinions on these plays?

im going to throw a small 100$ parlay for this card and move on.

Too many inexperience favorites and too many undesirable underdogs , some very washed. And the 50/50 fights between mid level guys i don't like.

Jim Miller ,Talia , Nazim , Khuzeim, Clayton are the only ones i like.

Taila out.
Now Jessica Andrade x Erin Blanchfield

I've parlayed Pauga, Carpenter and Bueno Silva. I don't see how any of them lose really.

I think so, Usman is a big HW and Wright is a blow up MW.
Big Usman wasn't reaoly a KO artist though and I'd argue he's less offensively fluid than Jordan.

I get the logic but tbh it seems like a pass at current odds.

More accurate opening lines, not the soft opener thing:

Marcin Prachnio -110
Jessica Andrade -147, 59.5%
Nazim Sadykhov -176
Alex Hernandez -178
Philipe Lins -180
Ashton A.J. Fletcher -190, fight will go to decision
Jamal Pogues -193
Khusein Askhabov -193, trains at American Top Team, got visa in October 2021
Zac Pauga -280, 73.7%
Clayton Carpenter -330, 76.7%
Mayra Bueno Silva -400, 80%

Underdogs to consider:

Erin Blanchfield

Evan Elder, has a switch stance
https://jiujitsutimes.com/undefeate...ls-i-dont-fear-losing-i-only-fear-not-trying/

Last edited:
I've parlayed Pauga, Carpenter and Bueno Silva. I don't see how any of them lose really.
I parlayed early Carpenter,Silva and Harris against Brahimaj before the fight was canceled.Now I'm left with Carpenter and Silva.Carpenter is good,he ain't gonna blow his debute here,he's a level above.Silva should win but still wmma.I would be worried for Beverly ninja for a round and a half as others have mentioned though

How does Blanchfield deal with Andrade? Can she big brother her like shev did? I tend to think no and andrade beats her brains in.

andrade has power that not many women have felt and not many are built like Lauren Murphy.

would’ve made a big play on andrade at -125

unfortunately my money is all messed up and my bankroll is basically nothing from losing on these last few mains. Going big on me props trying to win big has been…not good.

That Tex/hill fight burned me up pretty bad. I had withdrew most of my br for bills and lost the remainder on that fight after not being happy only being up a few units going into it.

also had a big chunk on Andrade finishing Murphy. Underestimated Murphy and texeiras unbelievable will and chins.

had bb rd 1 and spivak rds 2 and 3 last week thinking I had it played well. Spivak was just all over him. Good game planning

forced Islam itd yesterday after being down 2 units trying to make something happen. Any bet on Islam was bad

really hinders my style. Sucks but that’s just where I’m at financially right now. I’ll have to make some adjustments and focus on hitting some big plus number props

Back