UFC FN 142 PBP/Discussion

@Omni1 I didn't know about that. I train by myself mostly. And spar. I corrected it by first narrowing my stance and second flicking the hip out, so it's no a reaching punch, but from the hip and the shoulder rolls.

10-9 France? Got clipped but really smashed Garcia up that round. Surprised Kai is so comfortable in that guard

Garcia was ready to quit, France should have jst kept punching him.( not after the bell but instead of trying to take his back)

Good fun fight is it just me or has flyweight been exciting since the rumours it was finishing

Holy shit that was close dumbass should have finished in rd1 instead of taking the back. Hopefully he starts beating the shit out of this kid instead of tryin to be methodical.

@Omni1 I didn't know about that. I train by myself mostly. And spar. I corrected it by first narrowing my stance and second flicking the hip out, so it's no a reaching punch, but from the hip and the shoulder rolls.
I trained in the 1990's under Buster Mathis Sr. & a little with Floyd Sr. in Grand Rapids, MI at Pride Boxing Club. Buster jr. & Floyd jr. also trained there. Big difference. Much better than training yourself.

Damn.. great fight.

Fights like these makes me mad that they are getting rid of FLW.

Good fun fight is it just me or has flyweight been exciting since the rumours it was finishing

I think whether they cut it might depend on how much the Dillashaw/Cejudo fight sells. It could be that DJ just couldn't sell fights.

Garcia holding on for dear life, I know he wants to quit.

"Dont take his back and allow him to recover, just stay on top and keep hittin him" Anyone remeber Ankalaev-Craig? finish the fucking fight dummy

Aussie's and Kiwi's are pretty much siblings. They may fight sometimes but they're family.

It could be that DJ just couldn't sell fights.
Or it could be that they they buried FLW contenders to fight on the prelims, no chance for the general public to get familiar with them, I can't tell one time FLW fighters were main event on some bum FN event.
Giving to MM some guys with 2-3 wins, that are not proven at all vs good guys, and then Johnson of course beats them like they are nothing. Predictable championship fights vs nobodies does not get the fans excited.
The fact that Demetrious was so bland was just the final nail in the coffin of the division. There were a bunch of small other things that decided the faith of the FLW, it was not just Mighty Mouse's fault. :)

Back