UFC FN 142 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
3AWfbeG.jpg

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Junior dos Santos (19-5) vs. Tai Tuivasa (8-0) (Heavyweight)
Mark Hunt (13-13-1) vs. Justin Willis (7-1) (Heavyweight)
Tyson Pedro (7-2) vs. Mauricio Rua (25-11) (Light Heavyweight)
Jake Matthews (14-3) vs. Tony Martin (14-4) (Welterweight)
Paul Craig (10-2) vs. Jim Crute (8-0) (Light Heavyweight)
Suman Mokhtarian (8-0) vs. Sodiq Yusuff (7-1) (Featherweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Yushin Okami (35-11) vs. Alexey Kunchenko (19-0) (Welterweight)
Wilson Reis (22-9) vs. Ben Nguyen (16-7) (Flyweight)
Mizuto Hirota (18-9-2) vs. Christos Giagos (15-7) (Lightweight)
Keita Nakamura (33-9-2) vs. Salim Touahri (10-2) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Elias Garcia (6-1) vs. Kai Kara-France (17-7) (Flyweight)
Damir Ismagulov (16-2) vs. Alex Gorgees (6-0) (Lightweight)

Other

- Ross Pearson was expected to face Joseph Duffy at the event. However, Pearson announced on November 7 that he was out of the bout due to a broken nose and subsequent surgery to correct the injury. Pearson was replaced by promotional newcomer Damir Ismagulov on November 18. Subsequently, Duffy pulled out of the fight, citing a rib injury. UFC newcomer, Alex Gorgees, replaced Duffy on November 21 and will now face Ismagulov.
- Ashkan Mokhtarian was scheduled to face promotional newcomer Kai Kara-France at the event. However on November 20, Mokhtarian pulled out of the fight citing injury. He was replaced by another newcomer Elias Garcia on November 23.

Biggest upset of the night prediction? I’m thinking Wilson reis wins. Okami has a chance I think but for my betting sake I hope he gets smashed lol

Georgees about to be seriously outclassed.

Biggest upset of the night prediction? I’m thinking Wilson reis wins. Okami has a chance I think but for my betting sake I hope he gets smashed lol

Like Reis too, I think he can still take some damage and get 8 takedowns, not sure he finishes though.

Biggest upset will be Rocco Martin @ +130.

Honestly no way Gorgees goes to the gym or even trains

Ismagulov is clearly gonna win this, but I'm glad I faded him 100% on DraftKings.

I had a strong feeling he wouldn't pay off his price.

Ismagulov is clearly gonna win this, but I'm glad I faded him 100% on DraftKings.

I had a strong feeling he wouldn't pay off his price.

I went massive on him ML just to pay off my small bet on him via KO.. Probably should have just gone 10 units ML. They could run this fight 1000 times and Ismagulov wins every one.

Lmaoooo I was thinking the same. How is that guy 8-0? Either Ismagulov is that good, or Gorgees is just horrible. Dude had zero technique, slow as dirt, terrible movement. Ismagulov was super quick in there. Impressive

The next 3 fights arent even bettable or watchable imo. No value and no contenders. Maybe I get an early start on dinner.

Damn, Ismagulov looked shredded at 155. 8-pack abs and all, I bet he smashes at FW

The next 3 fights arent even bettable or watchable imo. No value and no contenders. Maybe I get an early start on dinner.
You should get a small TV for your kitchen. I sometimes watch FS1 events when I'm in the kitchen.

For this card, I made sure to buy a sandwich and chips before the first fight started, so I'm just chilling now.

Ismalgulov is no joke. When both of these guys fight people we are familiar you will see that.
I get that this is Fight Night card, but the quality of fighters is shitty almost to the top. Come on, Tuivasa is main event, and Rua and Pedro are co.

If you won't fill the card with mostly good fighters, at least do a 10 fights card, so the tempo is faster and we don't lose so much time watching bums.
It's in Australia mate. Card is filled with excellent Aussie talent. And after all. It's FREE.

think Giagos takes a DEC but didnt bet it, trying to be more selective now.

Knew I should have also played Ismagulov -3.5. Would of. Should of. Could of.

Back