UFC fighters with second jobs

Lenovo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
It is quite evident that fighter pay is one of the most debated about topics in MMA.

It is on frequent occasion that fighter 'X' will mention something about "not being payed enough" etc.

This got me wondering as to how many of the athletes in the UFC (or MMA in general) have second jobs.

Former UFC fighters Chris Lytle and Shane Carwin are examples.

Lets hear some more.

Eddie Wineland- Firefighter
Niel Serry-Warehouse worker

all depends what you mean by job. I'm sure tons of guys have outside business ventures they have to put time in. They may help run their gyms teaching. I'm sure there are a ton more common examples.

I remember Ed Herman was bar tending while waiting for his knee to heal up. Then there's Crocop back in the day being a member of Croatian parliament.

all depends what you mean by job. I'm sure tons of guys have outside business ventures they have to put time in. They may help run their gyms teaching. I'm sure there are a ton more common examples.

Well since this is MMA, and fighter pay is heavily criticized, I am talking in the sense of the need of a second job. Not necessarily business ventures/investments that fighters may have "for fun".

Seems firefighting is a bit of a trend, Chris Lytle worked as a firefighter during his career and Stipe Miocic still does

Isn't Miocic a firefighter or EMS or something like that?

Paulo Thiago, police (special forces type cop of some sort).

I remember that Shane Carwin is an engineer. Stipe is a firefighter. Frank Mir bounced while in his early years of fighting. Paulo Thiago is a part of a SWAT team in Brazil. Mike Russow is a cop. I think there's more fighters who have second jobs. It sucks that being a part of the UFC can mean that you have to have a second job.

Back