UFC Fighters With Potential, But It Didn't Work Out....

Papa Shaun

Grand Poobah
@Green
Reaction score
Who do you feel are some of the fighters from the past, that had the tools to go to the next level, but their careers didn't work out that way??

Here's 10 That Come To Mind:

David Terrell (Should Have Been Champ)
Ivan Salaverry (Brought innovations, but couldn't pull off any big wins)
David "The Crow" Louaisau (Faded Out After His Title Shot)
Amir Sedallah (What Happened??)
Mike Swick (Was on a Roll, Then Rolled Away)
Brandon Vera (Huge Disappointment, Looked Like the Next Big Thing)
Joe Riggs (Thought He Could Have Done More In The Octagon)
Tyson Griffin (Started Out Promising, Then Faded)
Roger Huerta (Probably First Person That Would Come to Mind on This List)
Todd Duffee (Could Possibly Make a Come-Back)

Mike Swick is affected with Gert i believe its a gastrol intestinal disorder... but he's finally back up in weight and gonna make 185 run in the next little bit

Goran Reljic and Roger Huerta are the two that really stick out. Eric Silva could very well be on that list soon.

If Carwin had had a longer career in better health he could have done some serious damage.

Edson Barboza stuck in a ridiculously deep LW division.
Erik Silva.
CroCop #1 example.

menjivar.. such a vet but kind of shit the bed in the ufc

I don't know how people can say Carwin and Mirko since they both held titles in major organisations.

My vote goes to Karo, first he got injured when he was supposed to fight Hughes then got addicted to painkillers and had anxiety issues and was never the same again.

I don't know how people can say Carwin and Mirko since they both held titles in major organisations.

My vote goes to Karo, first he got injured when he was supposed to fight Hughes then got addicted to painkillers and had anxiety issues and was never the same again.

Don't know how I overlooked "The Heat." Another potential of this list if he doesn't get a known/big win in the UFC.... is Mousassi

James Wilks had alot of talent...but his UFC run didn't quite work out.

If you've been a fan of MMA over the last 4 years it's been frustrating as hell to watch Todd Duffee's career go fucking nowhere. His career highlight is his 30 second squash match in Supa Fite Leeg. The guy is a fucking A* level athlete and explosive as fuck. And he's not even athletic and explosive.

Back