UFC Fighters With Potential, But It Didn't Work Out....

Goran Reljic, great first fight where he looked like a beast. Then he was injured for two years and never looked the same.

Gerald Harris
Roger Huerta
Melvin Guillard

Sokoudjou:
Solid Judo base
KO power with Kick and Punches
Blew through Arona and Nog early in his career

Matt Riddle.

Dana just couldn't get over his own jealousy of the fact that Matt does nothing but rip tubes and kick ass.

Paul Daley.

Granted, he would not sniff the title or be a regular top ten guy or anything, but this guy should have been a ww main stay and winning Ko of the night awards. Instead he has been floundering around promotions mostly beating guys in out matched fights and usually losing when he fights someone noteable.

Imagine all the cool moments and fights he could have had.

While the reason why he never panned out is unconventional, I think Lee Murray fits the bill. He's pretty much the same age as Bisping but at the time when he was still fighting he was way ahead of him. He would have been a huge star if he wasn't crazy. He basically would have been Carlos Condit of the MW division but with better power and the ability to trash talk.

Carwin got a lot done but he wasn't there long and we didn't get to see him against many notable HWs unfortunately. Really just a four fight period where he went 2-2 (almost 3-1 I guess). I would have liked to see him against some more guys.

At least with Mirko we got to see him in there with a lot of notable HWs.

Tyson Griffin is another.
He was looking like a top 3 LW at one point.

?

ShogunArona187Pride2005GP3.jpg

Shogun-with-Belt-from-UFC.jpg

That's a hell of alot more than most people will ever accomplish.

Back