UFC fighter Vince Murdock desperately needs $195,000 to save his brain and his life

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about, "free" healthcare will make healthcare worse and cost taxpayers BILLIONS.
You must be able to explain Warren's new plan to us, then?
$10, that the dumbest thing I've seen this week. How about doubling your taxes you pay now (if you live here)?
Sauce?

You know what costs taxpayers billions? Endless wars.
https://radius.mit.edu/programs/social-and-economic-cost-endless-wars

You know what costs taxpayers billions? Bailing out the banks who then went on to give themselves giant bonuses.
https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/heres-how-much-2008-bailouts-really-cost

You know what costs taxpayers billions? The spending to take care of the uninsured. Those costs don't simply vanish because you cover your eyes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK221653/

Explain how a single payer system would be worse and how it would cost taxpayers billions when compared to other expenditures.

My point is that we seem to have no problem spending ungodly amounts of money if the right people get paid. But taking care of the citizens and we all lose our minds.

There are two million homeless people (25% are children) in Los Angeles. There is still no clean water in parts of Michigan. But we are ramping up for another war. We are talking about Russia gate nonsense.

When will we learn from our mistakes?

Last edited:
Sauce?

You know what costs taxpayers billions? Bailing out the banks who then went on to give themselves giant bonuses.
https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/heres-how-much-2008-bailouts-really-cost

You know what costs taxpayers billions? The spending to take care of the uninsured. Those costs don't simply vanish because you cover your eyes.

Explain how a single payer system would be worse and how it would cost taxpayers billions when compared to other expenditures.

Can you guys not make this a war room thread? This thread is about saving a guy's life. Nothing is stopping you from going to the war room right now and making a thread about free health care.

No shit, i think everybody understood that reading ur crap
He doesn't realize that he is already paying for other people. He paid for the bail out. He paid for the tax cuts on the rich. He pays for the medical bills of people who can't pay. He pays for people on Death Row.

He is just spouting angry garbage. But again, he is a "lawyer".

Can you guys not make this a war room thread? This thread is about saving a guy's life. Nothing is stopping you from going to the war room right now and making a thread about free health care.
That was the point.

One person suggested the UFC pay for his treatment and the negative nabobs showed.

How much have you donated to him?

That was the point.

One person suggested the UFC pay for his treatment and the negative nabobs showed.

How much have you donated to him?

20 dollars. I'm the one who posted his GoFundMe. Did you donate?

You must be using some very creative definition of "corporate handouts".

And you must not be considering the amount GAINED by free health care as well.

I just finished a private discussion with a member who said blacks were more likely to be serial killers than other groups. We found out his statistics were not tracking ppl who follow, target, and kill civilians for pleasure but gang wars, drug wars, etc.

Statistics can mean a lot of things or nothing depending on the definitions driving them so maybe you're just using creative definitions.

Regardless your comparing a few billion annualy, to a few trillion, i'm against corporate bail outs, too big to fail, ect.

But its ignorant to think providing free health care for 325 million Americans, most of whome are. Unhealthy is so easily solved with a few billion dollars.

Canada with a population 1/10th the size that is relatively healthy in comparison to average Americans cost 228+ billion every year.

At the very least, your looking a few trillion dollars.

Sauce?

My point is that we seem to have no problem spending ungodly amounts of money if the right people get paid. But taking care of the citizens and we all lose our minds.

There are two million homeless people (25% are children) in Los Angeles. There is still no clean water in parts of Michigan. But we are ramping up for another war. We are talking about Russia gate nonsense.

When will we learn from our mistakes?
"Spending to take care of people we arent spending to insure via public insurance"

<{Joewithit}>

Breaking news: doctors, facilities, and drugs that cost billions to develop cost MONEY. If you prefer Europe's immigrant-only doctors and 6 month "equal" healthcare waiting lines, off you go.
You honestly have no idea what you are taking about. Lived in Europe for several years and had better healthcare insurance and providers there than in the US.

Why is this in ufc forum? Never fought in the ufc.

Therein lies the problem: you CANNOT fund public schools or public healthcare without taxing those that want to pay for their own school or insurance.

Because those are the people with money to begin with. That is why in every left-leaning polity, or seemingly ever, school or healthcare vouchers are a non-starter.

Do not go down the path of public services for private needs. It always ends in the same place.
If it's a problem why are several countries doing it?

Yep, except for those people taken off life support by the National Health Service because they want to. And let us not forget the doctor fired for refusing to address a shemale as a woman.
You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about dude trust me.

Dana and the UFC are scums and pay the fighters shit, they wouldnt care to help this fighter out. Good thing I have never paid for their PPV's fuck Dana and the UFC.

So how much did you donate?

You don't actually have to play in Major League Baseball to be eligible for free healthcare for life.

"Players vest in their pensions after 43 days on the active roster and just one day qualifies a player for lifetime healthcare. Playing isn’t even a requirement, benchwarmers may qualify for benefits as well. After 43 days, players qualify for the minimum benefit of $34,000 per year and those with 10 years of service receive a pension of approximately $100,000 annually."
https://benefitsbclp.com/major-league-baseball-pension-and-healthcare-benefits/

What's your point? This isn't the same sport so why are you comparing policies?

About 44 million people in this country have no health insurance, and another 38 million have inadequate health insurance.. And your solution is to do nothing except blame Democrats?

I said both sides are at fault for the cost of health care but I was calling out the hypocrisy of Democrats. They talk about the high price of health care and how everyone should have it while taking bribes from the industry. Their solution to everything is to raise taxes that the middle class has to pay instead of looking at the root cause.

It's the same with college, the Democrat candidates are proposing free college for everyone without doing anything to address the ridiculous cost. Tuition for my alma mater is $60k a year now. When i graduated 15 years ago tuition was $30k. You can't tell me that's because of inflation, it's because they know the students can withdraw that much money in loans every year.

I said both sides are at fault for the cost of health care but I was calling out the hypocrisy of Democrats. They talk about the high price of health care and how everyone should have it while taking bribes from the industry. Their solution to everything is to raise taxes that the middle class has to pay instead of looking at the root cause.

It's the same with college, the Democrat candidates are proposing free college for everyone without doing anything to address the ridiculous cost. Tuition for my alma mater is $60k a year now. When i graduated 15 years ago tuition was $30k. You can't tell me that's because of inflation, it's because they know the students can withdraw that much money in loans every year.
You're blaming the Dems for their hypocrisy related to health care and college debt, but ignoring that the GOP is the party most aligned with insurance companies and that stalled legislation aimed at getting for-profit colleges to reduce tuition and access more of their outrageous endowments to make college more affordable. Seems legit. lol

also, none of this matters. This fighter hasn't fought in the UFC yet. He isn't entitled to anything.

Tons of blame but no solutions except to keep blaming.

What is the root cause of health care? How do we address it?

Since you've found the root cause and addressed it, do people still have their health care tied to the employer and why? Do people go bankrupt trying to pay for health care even when they have insurance?

Speaking of your student debt argument, what is the root cause? And don't say simply because students take out more money. You may as well say that the root cause of a blown car engine is that the car won't crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back