UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate

Why isn't Brady vs Chiesa main eventing? Brady is bigger draw than Ketlen f'in Vieira and not many care about Miesha anymore.

Ketlen would be play of the year but her gas tank is awful. The only reason not to bet the house on her.

Taking a shot on davey grant at +210

we may end up seeing heavy steam on yanez and other favorites like santos. There’s not many good fighters on this card. Juice lords needs higher odds and will likely pile on anything above -250

Anybody think Lutz outpoints Sabatini? Think he keeps it on the feet and outstrikes Pat for 15.

Also, is Durden/Qileng worth betting? Leaning towards Cody, but, aside from it being a low-level fight, Aori does have cardio.

if so why are you taking a shot at grant right now? wait for his price to improve. I think last minute Grant money is unlikely. Yanez is fan favorite and casuals love him. his line will be steamed
I’m fine with +210. Theres no guarantee yanez gets steamed but I think he will

There’s nothing on the card I really want to bet so I impulsively bet the line.

Why isn't Brady vs Chiesa main eventing? Brady is bigger draw than Ketlen f'in Vieira and not many care about Miesha anymore.

Ketlen would be play of the year but her gas tank is awful. The only reason not to bet the house on her.
Ufc's pandering to women fighters and women fans.

This card looks truly awful haha.
Maybe I'll do some pre-match or live bets.
About the only one I'm interested in is Chiesa/Brady.
Chiesa should have the reach and experience factor, but I think Brady has the power advantage in his strikes.
If it goes to the ground I initially want to say "Chiesa should have the advantage" but honestly I feel like Chiesa is one of those guys that clowns people that he's better than, and makes it look easy. But the second he faces somebody that's even close to his level he always gets tapped himself.

Maybe I'll go rewatch some recent fights of both and see how their striking in particular might pair off.

Holy shit does Rani Yaha have the most fights in the UFC without a bonus 18 fights 7 finishes 0 bonuses lol sad

Holy shit does Rani Yaha have the most fights in the UFC without a bonus 18 fights 7 finishes 0 bonuses lol sad

Yeah he's got a few first round submissions too, you'd think he would've won a bonus by now but sometimes you get outshined by somebody else on the card!

you seen him do this to many times lol says the man that started posting here UFC 267 but ok lol

lol I've been lurking this place on and off since Luca Fury was ducking TJ de Sandwich's garage door. Back then you couldn't bet undercards at big books and offshore books didn't take Bitcoin (still don't know why they use that instead of Monero or Zcash). There weren't even stats. I remember Griffin Bonnar being the big deal that brought UFC into the mainstream.

Call me crazy but I really like Ketlen here. I don't buy the "Tate 2.0" shit and I'm expecting her to check out early into the fight.
I think it's all Ketlen early but interesting with 5 rounds but I basually agree, I don't think Tate looks the same fighting someone who isn't 45 years old and retiring

At plus money, either side is good. I think Tate will do the usual play from the outside with few kicks stuff she does and Vieira is a slow power puncher so little threat there. Vieira fades a bit more than Tate, but neither gives me confidence in a 5 rounder and I'm horrible at estimating cardio. Tate should have a bit of a wrestling edge, but Vieira will pose a sub threat early. I think the striking will be a wash and there's a small edge in offensive wrestling to Tate where Vieira will play for subs and lose rounds. If Vieira gasses hard enough and Tate doesn't, we could see a late TKO finish from GnP. This isn't a fight to go big on. The late notice for Tate is a concern and Vieira was prepping for McMann so her takedown defense should be better? I dunno. Gun to head at current odds, Vieira at +105 is ok.

This is not a good card at all. I just noticed Loma is now facing Godinez. Loma gets wrestled and maybe sub'd, right?

lol I've been lurking this place on and off since Luca Fury was ducking TJ de Sandwich's garage door. Back then you couldn't bet undercards at big books and offshore books didn't take Bitcoin (still don't know why they use that instead of Monero or Zcash). There weren't even stats. I remember Griffin Bonnar being the big deal that brought UFC into the mainstream.

At plus money, either side is good. I think Tate will do the usual play from the outside with few kicks stuff she does and Vieira is a slow power puncher so little threat there. Vieira fades a bit more than Tate, but neither gives me confidence in a 5 rounder and I'm horrible at estimating cardio. Tate should have a bit of a wrestling edge, but Vieira will pose a sub threat early. I think the striking will be a wash and there's a small edge in offensive wrestling to Tate where Vieira will play for subs and lose rounds. If Vieira gasses hard enough and Tate doesn't, we could see a late TKO finish from GnP. This isn't a fight to go big on. The late notice for Tate is a concern and Vieira was prepping for McMann so her takedown defense should be better? I dunno. Gun to head at current odds, Vieira at +105 is ok.

This is not a good card at all. I just noticed Loma is now facing Godinez. Loma gets wrestled and maybe sub'd, right?
Need to watch some tape, but I think Loma could be live there thanks to her MT. This is also Lupita's 3rd fight in like a month, so I don't expect her to look her best either.

Honestly I might either end up skipping or do bets on Kang, Brady and maybe Lutz or Ziam.

Which fights do we expect to end ITD here boys? Chiesa v Brady? Yanez vs Grant?

Need to watch some tape, but I think Loma could be live there thanks to her MT. This is also Lupita's 3rd fight in like a month, so I don't expect her to look her best either.

Honestly I might either end up skipping or do bets on Kang, Brady and maybe Lutz or Ziam.

Wow, didn't realize she just set the record for fastest turnaround. She's not UFC caliber, but I'm not sold on Loma and her takedown defense.

Wow, didn't realize she just set the record for fastest turnaround. She's not UFC caliber, but I'm not sold on Loma and her takedown defense.
Agreed. Clinch/thai clinch is one thing, but judo/wrestling takedowns are another.

Which fights do we expect to end ITD here boys? Chiesa v Brady? Yanez vs Grant?

There are no fights that I think will for sure end in a finish but fights that have a good possibility are

Durden/Aori
Pinhiero/Hughes
Sabbatini/Lutz
Yanes/Grant
Yaha/Kang
Brady/Chisea

Id be careful with the chisea fight if he wins he will win it by dec
Also Yanez grant if grant wins he takes it by dec

I'll be hoping that the smaller cage gives us better chances at the finishes. Many guys from last event who are known for decisions have won ITD ;-)

It's bad but at least it has Brady/Chiesa which is a fascinating fight. Time to see how Brady deals with another huge WW that wants to grapple. Both guys tend to want to fight the same way, will be interesting to see who imposes their will.

The rest of the card though...yeah...lame.
Yanez is a blue chip prospect, look out for him

Back