• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva

Maurice Greene (250) vs. Greg Hardy (266.5)*
Jack Marshman (187.5)** vs. Sean Strickland (185.5)
Cole Williams (175.5)*** vs. Jason Witt (170.5)

*Hardy missed the heavyweight limit by 0.5 pounds. He was given one hour to cut to the heavyweight limit of 266.
**Marshman missed the middleweight limit by 1.5 pounds. He will be fined 20 percent of his purse.
***Williams missed the welterweight limit by 4.5 pounds. He will be fined 40 percent of his purse.

opponents-uriah-hall-of-jamaica-and-anderson-silva-of-brazil-face-off-picture-id1283059689

opponents-bryce-mitchell-and-andre-fili-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1283060197

opponents-kevin-holland-and-charlie-ontiveros-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1283060210

opponents-maurice-greene-and-greg-hardy-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1283060564

opponents-bobby-green-and-thiago-moises-of-brazil-face-off-during-the-picture-id1283060215

opponents-chris-gruetzemacher-and-alexander-hernandez-face-off-during-picture-id1283060506

opponents-adrian-yanez-and-victor-rodriguez-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1283060608

opponents-sean-strickland-and-jack-marshman-of-wales-face-off-during-picture-id1283060522

opponents-cole-williams-and-jason-witt-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1283060636

opponents-dustin-jacoby-and-justin-ledet-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1283060549

opponents-miles-johns-and-kevin-natividad-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1283060700

Silva via submission right? Because Hall has damn near next to a 0% chance to submit Silva.

And wow, Hardy damn near missed weight. I cannot wait for bug eyed dogshit ass maurice greene to upset him and lose me money.

Sorry I meant Silva didn’t make it very clear. And don’t worry Hardy has his inhaler your safe

Man, Alex Hernandez has TERRIBLE posture. Betting against him just for the LuLz. dude is garbage.

Is there any word as to why Strickland has moved up to 185?

Is there any word as to why Strickland has moved up to 185?
Didnt he had a motorcycle accident ? He was already a big welterweight so after that cutting down to 170lbs would be very hard for him.

Didnt he had a motorcycle accident ? He was already a big welterweight so after that cutting down to 170lbs would be very hard for him.

Good shout, weird I didn't realise it was 2 years since that accident - time flies.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...nd-looking-to-ko-jack-marshman-in-ufc-return/

Sounds like he doesn't want to do the cut anymore and wants to fight regularly, fair play to him.

That said, he also said he won't look to take it down, doesn't care about W/L and wants to just put on exciting fights now so we're probably boxing match which is exactly what Marshman will be looking for.

Jack has pretty good hands, he probably won the first round against Thiago Santos after dropping/rocking him prior to that spinning wheel kick and some heavy ground and pound (which is worth noting didn't put him out).

Jack throws in combos and has a solid chin, he had that weird fight against Phillips where he probably should have lost a decision and has been out for over a year, but given for Strickland its a return from serious injury at a weight class higher, the 2 years out and that he seems more focused on putting on standing and banging, I might take a punt on Marshman KO @ 7.00, or fight ends by KO @ 2.88.

Jacks main hope is a KO and is a short notice replacement, Strickland looking to trade and hunt for a KO and he's too big a favourite to bet straight up. Rust and serious injury could potentially see him getting clipped, though I would say skill wise (pre-injury) Strickland is obviously the better fighter, but I think both bets might have value even if Strickland KO or dec are the most likely outcomes (with the former still wininng the fight ends by KO bet).

gonna skip this card. Been taping next week's card this whole week and there's a lot more live dogs then.

Honestly contemplating playing Fili by sub @ +1000.

Mitchell has faded in fights, and I could definitely see Fili being able to big brother him and take him down while he's tired and sub him.

Don't forget, he was subbed by Brad Katona of all people 2 years ago.

Or I may just get crazy and bet ~1000 more on Fili @ anything above even.

In my parlay I got him @ +140, the line is still skewed though.

Good shout, weird I didn't realise it was 2 years since that accident - time flies.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...nd-looking-to-ko-jack-marshman-in-ufc-return/

Sounds like he doesn't want to do the cut anymore and wants to fight regularly, fair play to him.

That said, he also said he won't look to take it down, doesn't care about W/L and wants to just put on exciting fights now so we're probably boxing match which is exactly what Marshman will be looking for.

Jack has pretty good hands, he probably won the first round against Thiago Santos after dropping/rocking him prior to that spinning wheel kick and some heavy ground and pound (which is worth noting didn't put him out).

Jack throws in combos and has a solid chin, he had that weird fight against Phillips where he probably should have lost a decision and has been out for over a year, but given for Strickland its a return from serious injury at a weight class higher, the 2 years out and that he seems more focused on putting on standing and banging, I might take a punt on Marshman KO @ 7.00, or fight ends by KO @ 2.88.

Jacks main hope is a KO and is a short notice replacement, Strickland looking to trade and hunt for a KO and he's too big a favourite to bet straight up. Rust and serious injury could potentially see him getting clipped, though I would say skill wise (pre-injury) Strickland is obviously the better fighter, but I think both bets might have value even if Strickland KO or dec are the most likely outcomes (with the former still wininng the fight ends by KO bet).

I will guarantee if strickland doesn't get a KO he will go for a takedown. All that talk about exciting fights is nice in an interview and all but when someone in front of you throwing punches it's a diffent story.

As to why he moved up to middleweight, because hes a massive 70er. And would gas pretty quick most likely from the extreme cut

Hernandez has 'swayback' posture. Just like Kevin Holland. Lots of fighters have a terrible posture (Mousasi, wanderlei silva etc.) especially ones with a boxing background. It doesnt really matter though, it doesn't make you fight any less and in most cases it doesn't even lead to any injuries or discomfort.

I mean bad posture is good for fighting. Specialy for jits. I have been working on my pasture for a while as I'm self concious about it. Then I started jits and it's ten times worse haha

Back