• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Night: Covington v Woodley

looking at the ewell fight at current -180 odds...
does anyone see a path to victory for rivera? ewell isnt an A level fighter but hes definitely a solid, solid guy who i cap at like -300 here .. if i really go crazy and throw like 7 or 8k here on ewell its tough to see him losing... anyone want to play devils advocate?

Damn, someone is clearly hitting Markos hard. I find it hard to believe that she doesn't get stupid with her wrestling at some point and find herself in the pretzel. Has she ever had a fight in the UFC that stayed off the mat?

if odds for DNGTD for colby/covington go past +250, i might hit that

Last edited:
Walker either deads him round 1 or Soann gets his single leg and clinch game going and grinds Walker out. No chance we see Spann looking to engage in any kind of open space striking, he will either run to the takedown immediately or he'll back up and try and survive the Walker bum rush.

Both have shown chin issues, both have exploitable holes in their game and both have bad gas tanks.

Just a question of do you favour Walker's power and explosion early to finish the job or do you like Spann to get control and wear Walker down over 3 rounds.

If you like Walker taking KO/TKO round 1 is probably not a bad idea

Damn, someone is clearly hitting Markos hard. I find it hard to believe that she doesn't get stupid with her wrestling at some point and find herself in the pretzel. Has she ever had a fight in the UFC that stayed off the mat?

Is Markos capable of really making Dern look bad on the feet is the real question to be asked here.

Plus, everybody say it with me - WIN, LOSS, WIN, LOSS, WIN, LOSS................................WIN.......

Markos lost her last fight to Ribas. Dating back to 2015, I see a recognizable pattern I might be betting blindly for this one lol

Markos is disgusting and a bad experienced fighter. Even if Dern cant take her down she will make pressure with her funny boxing.
Markos stand up sucks too.
I like Spann also, Walker is overrated and I see Ryan grinding him out for 3 rounds or even knocking him out. Pillow fisted Correy tkod Walker

colby, win by decision
khamzat, win by ko or submission
total odds: 2.27

thank me later.

looking at the ewell fight at current -180 odds...
does anyone see a path to victory for rivera? ewell isnt an A level fighter but hes definitely a solid, solid guy who i cap at like -300 here .. if i really go crazy and throw like 7 or 8k here on ewell its tough to see him losing... anyone want to play devils advocate?

agree with you, stylistically it seems like a great fight for ewell. he looked good against a much more skilled southpaw in his last fight (at least for the first half).

the only thing about ewell is that he seems fragile and i don't think he likes being hit.

rivera is under-skilled but the guy is a savage. those type of fights always give me pause for concern.

Is Markos capable of really making Dern look bad on the feet is the real question to be asked here.

dern has been working with parillo for the past 4 weeks. maybe not enough time to make major improvements but a world class striking coach like that is exactly what she needs.

she's only been training mma for 5 years so i would expect improvements from fight to fight. i thought her hands looked a bit sharper against cifers than they did against ribas.

also worth considering is whether the fear of a ground exchange could make markos more tentative on the feet.

it sounds like randa's camp hasn't been ideal with her unable to get into the states to work with her regular training partners in michigan. her wrestling coach won't be in her corner either.

Back