UFC Fight Night 137

There is absolutely no way Vanilla Gorilla should be a +200 dog here. He's nothing special but Sakai is bad, bad, bad. I just rewatched his fight on the Brazilian Contender Series and he's just overwhelmingly unimpressive. Chase Sherman all the way here.

Is Barao that washed he's only -130 to Ewell? Admittedly I have never heard of Ewell but that says to me he hasn't done much to completely escape me...

Little Nog +230 to Alvey is tempting too. Alvey is the easiest guy on the entire roster to game plan for, has low output and never deviates to a plan b. Nog is shot but Alvey isn't deserving of that price tag

There goes my Manuwa bet

Hard for me to bet santos against someone with power, especially moving up to 205

Santos will probably look monstrous at 205

Is Barao that washed he's only -130 to Ewell? Admittedly I have never heard of Ewell but that says to me he hasn't done much to completely escape me...

Little Nog +230 to Alvey is tempting too. Alvey is the easiest guy on the entire roster to game plan for, has low output and never deviates to a plan b. Nog is shot but Alvey isn't deserving of that price tag

Lil nog is 42 and hasn’t fought in two years.
Not really a good spot for him. Dunno if I trust his chin enough.

His boxing is much better and he does have a higher output.

Lil nog is 42 and hasn’t fought in two years.
Not really a good spot for him. Dunno if I trust his chin enough.

His boxing is much better and he does have a higher output.
all very valid but any competent fighter in 2018 should make this closer than odds suggest. What does Alvey do that can't easily be game planned for? Just need to stay outside, leg kick, circle, jab, circle, repeat. Avoiding a bomb is easier said than done because he does have power for sure but he isn't exactly top talent

all very valid but any competent fighter in 2018 should make this closer than odds suggest. What does Alvey do that can't easily be game planned for? Just need to stay outside, leg kick, circle, jab, circle, repeat. Avoiding a bomb is easier said than done because he does have power for sure but he isn't exactly top talent

It’s either alves by ko or he likely loses a decision imo.

But we haven’t seen lil nog in quite a while and he is 42 so I’d say tread cautiously. Think I’d make a play on nog dec at around +300

Last edited:
It’s epithet alves by ko or he likely loses a decision imo.

But we haven’t seen lil nog in quite a while and he is 42 so I’d say tread cautiously. Think I’d make a play on nog dec at around +300
I forgot Nog had a USADA violation as well as being out 2 years.

Ewell seems to have quick hands and decent power. Nice angles also. Does not look bad on tape. Daaang that Ewell opener motherfuckers destroyed that line. I think he out volumes Barao but then again this fight is in Brazil. Fucked up fight hard to predict. Ewell has sneaky subs too. Zero ewell fights on FightPass only few highlight videos on YT.

Lil Nog is so washed up that I probaby don't even play him as he is big dog. Alvey has enough TDD and probably will land bigger shots. Only concern is his cardio. He sometimes shows up and throws only few strikes in 15 minutes. Emeev and Theodoru fights are his worst ones so far.

There is absolutely no way Vanilla Gorilla should be a +200 dog here. He's nothing special but Sakai is bad, bad, bad. I just rewatched his fight on the Brazilian Contender Series and he's just overwhelmingly unimpressive. Chase Sherman all the way here.

I disagree. He has volume, sharp punches and packs some power. Plus low kicks. Sherman sucks too you forgot that? Dude is a can crusher and only beaten absolute scrubs in the UFC. I think sakai destroys his legs.

Only dog I'm considering so far is Leites. Need to play juice city again first moscow card and now this juice city..

Ewell seems to have quick hands and decent power. Nice angles also. Does not look bad on tape. Daaang that Ewell opener motherfuckers destroyed that line. I think he out volumes Barao but then again this fight is in Brazil. Fucked up fight hard to predict. Ewell has sneaky subs too. Zero ewell fights on FightPass only few highlight videos on YT.

Barao has looked competent in past two decisions. still has good wrestling base, hard to takedown, unfortunately doesn't have any power these days. it's incredible how much worse his defense has gotten over the years, he gets punched in the head a lot...
Still don't think you can jump to a conclusion Ewall will out volume Barao, he does have a few 3rd round finishes, however he is 2-2 when his fights have GTD, no way to know what his cardio looks like. As we saw with Machida vs Anders, there is still favoritism towards ex Brazilian champs in Brasil. Pre fight this is a pass, should be a good live betting fight.

Trinaldo shouldn't be -320 vs. anyone.

Anders vs Santos is tough. Santos is a much better brawler, Anders more technical. Santos has better ground game. I don't trust either of their cardios for 5 rounds. Anders is in on very short notice, and Santos has never gone 5 rounds and is very explosive, and muscular. I would pick Anders in a 3 round fight, but I think both of them will come out knowing they don't want to go the full 25, and I have to favor Santos in a brawl. Pass on current odds.

got .5u on Lombard at +125.

Duuuuuude just watched this Marina Rodriguez chick, I love her. Someone explain how the fuck she's dog money right now?
Excellent Muay Thai, showed great ground game, made the other girl quit, one of the most lopsided beatdowns ever lol.

Markos has shitty wrestling, Ansaroff was able to use her Muay Thai to keep Markos away, was also able to stuff most of her TD's and get back to her feet when she got taken down.

His KOTC fights are on fight pass.

Duuuuuude just watched this Marina Rodriguez chick, I love her. Someone explain how the fuck she's dog money right now?
Excellent Muay Thai, showed great ground game, made the other girl quit, one of the most lopsided beatdowns ever lol.

Markos has shitty wrestling, Ansaroff was able to use her Muay Thai to keep Markos away, was also able to stuff most of her TD's and get back to her feet when she got taken down.

I hope you're not basing your read purely off her DWCS performance over an absolute bum that quit. What gives you the impression she has a great ground game? Last we saw it was 2 years ago vs 4-5 atomweight Guimaraes where she was easily taken down and controlled for long stretches. Markos' wrestling/grappling is quite good by wmma standards, she's a lifelong wrestler and used it to beat the likes of Torres, Herrig, Lima, and arguably Grasso.

I admit some assumptions need to be made with only 4 Rodriguez fights vs cans available, but this is no doubt a massive step up in competition from anything she's ever seen. Her range striking isn't great and her upright stance will make TDs easier. She excels in the clinch and is very aggressive there but that just opens more TD opportunities. Once on the mat I think Markos finds the sub, Marina is still a blue belt and fully looked it last time we saw her on her back.

His KOTC fights are on fight pass.
• Andre Ewell vs. Patrick Mix (2017) @ 81:50 of the video: https://www.ufc.tv/video/kotc-groundbreaking
• Andre Ewell vs. Rick James (2017) @ 7:20 of the video: https://www.ufc.tv/video/kotc-ultimate-mix

I haven't watched Ewell's fights yet, but what bothers me about him already is the fact that he fought in Gladiator Challenge (an organization that pads your record) and Xplode Fight Series (an organization that pads your record). He recently fought in Gladiator Challenge in December 2017.

Those 8 wins (from Gladiator Challenge and Xplode Fight Series) are against guys with 1 win or zero wins and a lot of losses, so I don't count those. So, in my book, Ewell really has a record of 5 wins and 4 losses.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andre-Ewell-204397

• Andre Ewell vs. Patrick Mix (2017) @ 81:50 of the video: https://www.ufc.tv/video/kotc-groundbreaking
• Andre Ewell vs. Rick James (2017) @ 7:20 of the video: https://www.ufc.tv/video/kotc-ultimate-mix

I haven't watched Ewell's fights yet, but what bothers me about him already is the fact that he fought in Gladiator Challenge (an organization that pads your record) and Xplode Fight Series (an organization that pads your record). He recently fought in Gladiator Challenge in December 2017.

Those 8 wins (from Gladiator Challenge and Xplode Fight Series) are against guys with 1 win or zero wins and a lot of losses, so I don't count those. So, in my book, Ewell really has a record of 5 wins and 4 losses.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andre-Ewell-204397

What stands out more to me is that he has 3 losses in Gladiator Challenge

I like the price on Sherman quite a bit. Sakai's glacially slow.

Exactly how I feel about it. I wouldn't take Sakai to beat Rashad Coulter.

Exactly same thoughts here , Markos is overrated but its her time to win now. She never had 2 loses in a row lol
ufc37.jpg

I just watched that Brazilian Contender Series episode 2 tonight...that was a fucking beatdown. Reminded me of Joanna Champion vs. Penne but with grappling. Other lady was just like "fuck this I'm out"

Back