• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night 134: Shogun vs. Smith - PBP Discussion - 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

People need to stop being nostalgic about certain fighters Shogun being one, he's not the same Pride fighter and his current skill set is very limited against this New Breed...

Not for nothin, but Rashad giving Smith props (I know he’s being paid to be unbiased etc) is pretty cool. Gotta give a man props for giving another one props after he just ended his career.

Even though this was a pretty meh card, I feel, atleaet it gave me some hope for the LHW division.

Rakić and Stošić established themselves as pretty solid prospects
Corey Anderson finally won the "big one"
Smith beat an another over the hill former champion and Gus finally has an opponent.

I didnt get to see the fight cuz of all the storms here in north Florida, but i saw the finish.

I then came on here and awaited to see all the retirement comments and you fuckers didnt disappoint.

Listen boys and girls, shogun was on a streak. He got fucked here in the shape of an elbow. First time ive seen him, ever, be actually really kod. Hes earned another fight via his previous streak. After THAT outcome, well sing the retire song.

You rookies yelling retire need to relax.

you realize these guys fight for money also right?

all this "he should retire stuf" = vitor needs to retire, machida needs to retire, glover needs to retire, werdum, shogun and others
these guys need some paychecks even if they are getting ktfo
they have families and they need to think about the next 30 years without fighting

sometimes they should retire because of all the cte research thats coming out. sometimes guys like shogun have crazy contracts that guarantee a ton of money so taking a knock out isn't that bad. hopefully its a lot.

I would lean toward Rakic too just a very physical fighter...

He would get KOed no doubt, let's not forget Thiago Santos KOed him with ease and Andrew Sanchez wrestle fucked him till he gased and got Koed. Rakic is good at both and i guess he would get finish here

Even though this was a pretty meh card, I feel, atleaet it gave me some hope for the LHW division.

Rakić and Stošić established themselves as pretty solid prospects
Corey Anderson finally won the "big one"
Smith beat an another over the hill former champion and Gus finally has an opponent.
Not sure I’d consider Stosic a solid prospect tbh. Kimball is literally bottom of the barrel & Stosic looked slow af up until Kimball gave the fight away.

People need to stop being nostalgic about certain fighters Shogun being one, he's not the same Pride fighter and his current skill set is very limited against this New Breed...

Shogun can barely move at this point, his knees have been shot for years.

DC should never in a million years take this fight.

DC might never cut back down to LHW. DC's seems like he knows exactly what he wants to do and that is take a retirement fight with Brock and leave on top. He's never going to fight this guy even if he'd crush him

You're welcome....Exi Out!

giphy.gif

I’m honestly happy shogun lost (as happy as u can be watching a dude get killed) bc if he won and UFC gave him a title shot... Cormier would have mauled him. I’m glad he didn’t have to get destroyed by DC but that was pretty uncomfortable to watch
Yeah, I felt the same way. DC would have legit killed him.. that would be the most sad ever fight!

Back