PBP UFC Fight Night 134: Shogun vs. Smith - PBP Discussion - 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

Yeah, I felt the same way. DC would have legit killed him.. that would be the most sad ever fight!
I mean I highly doubt he would have KO’ed him as quickly as smith did... but what’s worse? A brutal KO or a prolonged ass whooping? That was really scary to watch IMO but I think DC would have just pummeled him for a couple rounds before he finished him. I’m worried for Shogun’s long term health

Idk why ufc tonight is being so dismissive about Anthony Smith fighting Gus.

He is now basically ranked, and is the only ranked fighter asking to fight Gus on short notice.

It's a fun fight, and it would be nice to see Smith get to take advantage of his momentum.

I mean, great he wants to fight Gustafsson but let's not forget this just happened a few months ago:

Imagine the mauling Gustafsson would put on him.

weiv3rP.gif

smith should fight corey anderson, manuwa, or osp. he needs way more fights

The new breed isn’t very good. He’s just an old fighter taking on a younger KO artist. Not really anything to do with old school vs new school.

Also, in the fight game, it tends to be beneficial to be the less shopworn individual. So in theory, it should be better to be the young guy vs the old guy as opposed to the opposite.

Some of the New Breed looking & fighting just fine to me. I picked Smith over Shogun because at this stage he's just the better fighter.

You fuck'ed up boy.. Gus ain't fucking extinct you are about to get a reality check... no more Sugar and Shogun for you.. you get an actual live dog.

@Myrddin Wild
@LouisBolanos he will get it for Round Trees sins. :D
One of em gotta fight DC though... right? Who else is DC gonna fight? Can't be a HW... because the Brock fight only works as a title fight & they can't risk him losing it. So it has to be a LHW.

I respect "Jimi"...but.....Gustafssonn...where you at???

Chappelle-13.gif

Jimi lol the most overrated LHW on the rooster and what low rooster we even have now.. 2 names DC and Shogun one not sure if he even comes back and 2 MW's that are having a hard time with the scale in Romero and Luke.

Glover sounding like he walikin the retirement path.

Let's be real, Gus would kill this guy in octagon. Smith has terrible striking defense and let's not forget that Mauler gave a hard fight for both DC and Jones.

One of em gotta fight DC though... right? Who else is DC gonna fight? Can't be a HW... because the Brock fight only works as a title fight & they can't risk him losing it. So it has to be a LHW.

Or he doesn't fight and gives up the belt.. he knows Gus is a real hard fight and it's at best a 50/50 he can easily lose even if he wins he will feel it and can put danger in the Brock fight with a delay.

DC avoided Gus the last time vs Volkov that was done for a reason.. now Gus or Romero and DC is like no thank you here is the belt I don't need this shit.

Aaaaaaaand Gus just pulled out of 227, no sarcasm real shit. Crazy this news comes right after this fight

You realize Gus just had his opponent drop out and is supposed to fight in 2 weeks, right? Someone needs to step up and take it or else Gus will be off the card

Don't feel like this guys really a challenge for him though

Incoming cool shoops?
Jimi lol the most overrated LHW on the rooster and what low rooster we even have now.. 2 names DC and Shogun one not sure if he even comes back and 2 MW's that are having a hard time with the scale in Romero and Luke.

LHW rooster :

big-and-little-rooster-jeanne-kay-juhos.jpg

Or he doesn't fight and gives up the belt.. he knows Gus is a real hard fight and it's at best a 50/50 he can easily lose even if he wins he will feel it and can put danger in the Brock fight with a delay.

DC avoided Gus the last time vs Volkov that was done for a reason.. now Gus or Romero and DC is like no thank you here is the belt I don't need this shit.

Aaaaaaaand Gus just pulled out of 227, no sarcasm real shit. Crazy this news comes right after this fight
You heard this Brother One?

@Shoot Boxe Hero What's the reasoning? is he hurt? that's endz me & One's discussion right there if that's the case.

this card sucked. decisions decisions, lots of not the most interesting fights... and fucking shogun gets KOed brutally like that. Shit!

Back