News UFC Featherweight Felicia Spencer retires from MMA

I would have liked to see her at BW, I think she could have had a legit run there.

Hopefully she pursues another dream.
It wasn't a dream, not a career either. It was an opportunity. Surprising since she was so in tune with how DW sees things.

The way its worded makes me think this is a fighter pay awareness campaign type thing...

Opportunity being a shot at Dana saying this isnt a career but an opportunity

Maybe fighter union revival???

I like her and she's better than your average WMMA fighter for sure. She just recently fought her ass off and beat down her opponent. Sad to see her go if it's true.

Probably found some Canadian sugar daddy out there

Probably the 2nd best fighter in the division. (Although that's not saying much lol)

With 6 fights in the UFC, isn't her contract up anyways?
That i dont know, could it be that she is riding a 2nd contract? All im saying is someone retiring doesnt mean the UFC would remove them from the roster, contract just pauses looks like it, they would remove her from the rankings, but 145 doesnt have one afaik.

But seriously how many fighters are there at 145? Amanda, Norma and that's it? Is Leah Letson the next challenger despite getting beaten up by Spencer?

Per Sherdog article:

Spencer’s whole statement, courtesy of FightBananas, reads as follows:

”I have decided to stop pursuing this opportunity and have no intention to continue fighting. I felt as good as I’ve ever been in my last fight, and know I could have more great performances, but after 18 fights, including a few ‘wars,’ I know in my heart for my future mental health that I shouldn’t be in more of those wars. In the fight game that isn’t guaranteed, and I’ve shown myself that I won’t give up in the cage, so I need to protect myself by just not stepping in there. I’m thinking about myself and family 25 years from now. Mental health is an important consideration in my family.”

Well there goes half the WFW roster :(

Terrific athlete. I wish her all the best.

She probably has long lasting effects from concussions. She doesn't go out but she got beatings twice

She did once say she was pregnant when she wasn't so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt until she's removed from the roster.

I don't think she said 'I'm pregnant', she was just joking around - 'big news' 'new member of the family' instagram posts then posting a pic of a dog (or something like that - i don't remember the exact details), so it's quite different to saying 'I'm retired' and I don't see reason to doubt.

Sorta out of the blue but not wholly surprising I guess, she fought Cyborg and Nunes (and took a hell of a beating), and there isn't really a division for her to fight in, so what's she gonna do going forward? Hard to sustain a competitive passion her situation... so I get it.

idymcuvpt6f71.jpg

Wow, that's a bit surprising... exactly what that shallow division needs, 1 of it's 5 fighters retiring. All the best to her though, she is incredibly tough.
Dana only keeps the division around so he can jerk off Amanda with the WGOAT/Champ champ crap.

Back