News UFC Featherweight Felicia Spencer retires from MMA

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Per Sherdog article:

Spencer’s whole statement, courtesy of FightBananas, reads as follows:

”I have decided to stop pursuing this opportunity and have no intention to continue fighting. I felt as good as I’ve ever been in my last fight, and know I could have more great performances, but after 18 fights, including a few ‘wars,’ I know in my heart for my future mental health that I shouldn’t be in more of those wars. In the fight game that isn’t guaranteed, and I’ve shown myself that I won’t give up in the cage, so I need to protect myself by just not stepping in there. I’m thinking about myself and family 25 years from now. Mental health is an important consideration in my family.”

I feel the cut of her jib…..

I would have liked to see her at BW, I think she could have had a legit run there.

Hopefully she pursues another dream.

She did once say she was pregnant when she wasn't so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt until she's removed from the roster.
They probably wont really remove her until she has no fights left or they decide to cut her, 145 has no ranking iirc.

Wow, that's a bit surprising... exactly what that shallow division needs, 1 of it's 5 fighters retiring. All the best to her though, she is incredibly tough.

I know she works as a teacher back home. I'm sure the troublemakers in class enjoyed watching Ms. Spencer from homeroom get battered by two Brazilian juicerats.

Probably wants to start a family and realizes she will never win the title at 145

Back