UFC Faces Chaos If Tyron Woodley Ducks Stephen "Wonderboy" Thomspon

When Conor does it cool, when someone else does it, chaos. Ok.

Tito is a prime example. Ducked Chuck to do movies, but was fine fighting others and eventually fought Couture. Then eventually fought Chuck when he didn't have the belt anymore to bargain with. Tito was a huge star and got big problems for doing that. They couldn't strip him because they had few stars at that point and the company wasn't big, so they made him pay for opposing them by giving him tough match-ups later in his career (Dana admitted he was waiting to see Lyoto beat him up), and made fun of him for years.

Woodley isn't in the same position and the UFC isn't in the same position. They can strip him and it wouldn't mean much since many view Thompson or GSP as the best WW. They'd set up a fight between those 2 (or Maia, Gastelum or a Rory rematch) for the vacant belt, or they'd play along with what Tyron wants and then have him sit out, give the toughest match-ups, make contract negotiations tough or just cut him when enough time has passed. It's a bad idea to go against a powerhouse employer, but that hasn't happened yet. UFC is about making the biggest fights and a GSP comeback is as big as it gets. Against anyone.

Conor gathered a massive fan base that put him into a position to do so. Fighting him is a payday for whoever. Tyron doesn't have a big fan base, so he has to build it up before he's in that position. GSP did what Conor did, brought in a following. So Woodley gets paid because of GSP's fans.

I realize why he does this, the UFC sale is one thing but him being 34 with 3-4 kids makes the time now to cash in for his family's future. While a good cause, it's not the right way. Can't leech of other fan bases to get paid, a superfight is when 2 stars meet.

Tito is a prime example. Ducked Chuck to do movies, but was fine fighting others and eventually fought Couture. Then eventually fought Chuck when he didn't have the belt anymore to bargain with. Tito was a huge star and got big problems for doing that. They couldn't strip him because they had few stars at that point and the company wasn't big, so they made him pay for opposing them by giving him tough match-ups later in his career (Dana admitted he was waiting to see Lyoto beat him up), and made fun of him for years.

Woodley isn't in the same position and the UFC isn't in the same position. They can strip him and it wouldn't mean much since many view Thompson or GSP as the best WW. They'd set up a fight between those 2 (or Maia, Gastelum or a Rory rematch) for the vacant belt, or they'd play along with what Tyron wants and then have him sit out, give the toughest match-ups, make contract negotiations tough or just cut him when enough time has passed. It's a bad idea to go against a powerhouse employer, but that hasn't happened yet. UFC is about making the biggest fights and a GSP comeback is as big as it gets. Against anyone.

I used to like Tito, but his Chuck ducks made me an Ice Man fan.

Didn't he claim that he wouldn't fight Chuck because they were friends? HA!

Conor gathered a massive fan base that put him into a position to do so. Fighting him is a payday for whoever. Tyron doesn't have a big fan base, so he has to build it up before he's in that position. GSP did what Conor did, brought in a following. So Woodley gets paid because of GSP's fans.

I realize why he does this, the UFC sale is one thing but him being 34 with 3-4 kids makes the time now to cash in for his family's future. While a good cause, it's not the right way. Can't leech of other fan bases to get paid, a superfight is when 2 stars meet.
This is something grown ups understand: the right way=the money way.

Its not cool but at least you could make a financal argument with Conor. Tyrun has no argument. No one is coming to see him. Tyrun GSP sells same as WB GSP cuz GSP is doing the selling like Conor was. I didnt like Him skipping over all LWs specifically 8 win streakers like tony and khabib. But its really apples to oranges.

Not to mention Conor actually moved up. Is he asking for Bisping? Apples to Banana too.

Tyron has no right to be calling anyone out. Fight the #1 contender, bozo.

Also, your point falls apart with the Nate rematch.

For the first fight, I can live with that, but putting the division on hold, making an interim champ etc is bogus.

I gotta say, on this website, very strong words are used for black fighters doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Derrick Lewis is despicable for his post fight celebration, Jones is disgusting for dropping Machida unconscious, Woodley will bring chaos etc.

Chael is awesome, Conor can do what he wants and Dan Miller is a boss.

Whatever.

As I am concerned, if the UFC wants to stop this shit, they should have started with Conor.

Its not cool but at least you could make a financal argument with Conor. Tyrun has no argument. No one is coming to see him. Tyrun GSP sells same as WB GSP cuz GSP is doing the selling like Conor was. I didnt like Him skipping over all LWs specifically 8 win streakers like tony and khabib. But its really apples to oranges.

Not to mention Conor actually moved up. Is he asking for Bisping? Apples to Banana too.
Your whole argument is apples to bananas. What does moving up have to do with anything? Tyron is building his popularity.

How do you justify the Nate rematch among all the points you make?

Typical panties in a bunch over nothing.

Conor just showed the other fighters in the UFC such as Woodley and others the Promised Land and now they are all going there.

It is the money fight era now.

Wouldn't have happened if fighter pay blah blah.

Why do you people think the UFC can make a fighter take a fight? They can't, they don't have the power to be the fighter's promoter and the fighter's agent/manager. All fighters have the right to refuse any fight the UFC offers them for any reason.

The UFC could strip Woodley, but that devalues the belt more than Woodley fighting someone other than Wonderboy. The UFC's motto has always been "We make the fights the fans want to see" AKA money fights.
What+do+you+mean+you+people+haha+saw+this+guy_7b3815_3574428.jpg

NO... The UFC has always made what it thought were the lucrative match ups, sorry to say but if GSP want to take a fight, he'll get it, if Nick wants that fight and GSP turns it down he'll get it, we've seen guys get shafted like this before, it's a part of the business side of MMA, nothing more.

He wants a money fight, not a super fight. You only need 1 star for that. Brock, Ronda and Conor can fight nobodies and still sell big.
Woodley doesn't bring in a big personal fan base, but he does bring a belt,ㅁand the chance for his opponent and that opponent's fans to see their guy get that belt. He's not Diaz making demands with practicality nothing to offer.

didn't read all, brah, but agree the flames of chaos have engulfed the ew eff see
Good morning all.

I've just finished writing a little piece on the Welterweight title picture, specifically Tyron Woodley's desire to go after anyone not named Stephen Thompson. I hope it's okay that I share it on here. I'd really appreciate any feedback on it and if anyone would be kind enough to give it a read.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/08/05/ufc-faces-chaos-tyron-woodley-ducks-stephen-thompson/

Thanks a million, guys.

Also, your point falls apart with the Nate rematch.

For the first fight, I can live with that, but putting the division on hold, making an interim champ etc is bogus.

I gotta say, on this website, very strong words are used for black fighters doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Derrick Lewis is despicable for his post fight celebration, Jones is disgusting for dropping Machida unconscious, Woodley will bring chaos etc.

Chael is awesome, Conor can do what he wants and Dan Miller is a boss.

Whatever.

As I am concerned, if the UFC wants to stop this shit, they should have started with Conor.
I agree the rematch is bullshit but that doesn't have anything to do with the post you quoted. Nor does racism. The point is Rampage, GSP, Conor, Ronda or whichever dominant champ or star has more leeway to call out fighters than a non-draw who just won the belt. Woodley doesn't have the fan base to contribute to it being a big fight, the fan base of his opponent brings in viewers. Whether he's white or black or whatever. Rampage had leeway because he was a big draw with a great record.

Didn't read. But the fact is now, like boxers, people want to maintain relevance and cash in on their title. So match ups against guys that are easier wins so they can keep making mo' money is the status quo today. Not talent and top tier fighting skills.

Good morning all.

I've just finished writing a little piece on the Welterweight title picture, specifically Tyron Woodley's desire to go after anyone not named Stephen Thompson. I hope it's okay that I share it on here. I'd really appreciate any feedback on it and if anyone would be kind enough to give it a read.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/08/05/ufc-faces-chaos-tyron-woodley-ducks-stephen-thompson/

Thanks a million, guys.

UFC set up the fight between Bisping va Hendo II, giving zero fucks about Jacare.

I think Nick/Nate = chaos
GSP is acceptable because he is a potential G.O.A.T. and retired with the belt.

Back