UFC confirms that Mcgregor/Diaz I is the highest selling UFC PPV of all time

I guess it's possible.

It's also possible they are just trying to hype a fight and they don't take one throwaway sentence from a promo nearly as seriously as people here do.

Nate Diaz will be making millions for this fight. Pothead Really hit the jackpot.

Yup. Some people get baked and let their mouth run. Nate appears to have smoked, sat back watching Conor fight, and said, "I can beat that guy. I'm going to call him out." For some reason, Conor wanted the fight and took it, the rest is history.

His brother should take notes.

Yes, let's listen to Meltzer instead of the actual company saying 196 is their best PPV.
well since they are in the business of selling 202 as a rematch to the "#1 selling PPV of all-time", I could see them stretching the truth somewhat.
not saying it isn't true, just that i could see them bending the figures.

That's false, 100 outsold it by about 100k

Nope. The UFC 100 figure is mere speculation on Dave Meltzer's part. All evidence points to UFC 196 being bigger in terms of buys and revenue.

Yeah, because this couldn't possibly be just BS hype?

Wait, you mean to tell me UFC is telling us that McGregor vs. Diaz 1 was the highest selling UFC PPV of all time right BEFORE McGregor vs. Diaz 2 is set to take place?

Color me fucking surprised.

Thank you!! You know if Ronda or Bones or Brock or GSP come back they will just make up new number and new headlines about how _______ is the #1 PPV draw

I still don't buy that, no pun intended...

Either way, its all hype, and 202 will sell less

I guess it's possible.

It's also possible they are just trying to hype a fight and they don't take one throwaway sentence from a promo nearly as seriously as people here do.

Exactly. McNuthuggers are getting desperate.

More fans tuning in doesn't mean it sold more. You have millions of fans that get UFC PPVs for free in foreign countries that didn't get UFC 100 for free.

dr-evil-right.gif

Lol about Nate/Conor having bad blood. Real recognize real.

giphy.gif
Yeah, that's a silly angle they're trying to play, but the Conor-Era Newbs are eating it up!

Both Conor and Nate know they're making boatloads of money off one another. Nothing wrong with that, but this "Bad Blood" stuff is so easy to see through, if you've been watching combat sports for longer than a few weeks!

Back