UFC Card Placement Explained – Stop Complaining, Sherbums!

I just think it's funny that Bo Nickal gets to be the 3rd last fight on the main card with Jones-Miocic.
UFC is trying way too hard to make him my favourite fighter.
They are trying to build a star, something everyone complains about the UFC not doing.

Alright, Sherbums, it’s time for a lesson on UFC card placement. I’ve seen way too many people whining about why a big name is on the prelims or why a certain fight is higher up on the card. It’s NOT always about fighter popularity or rankings.

Common Misconception:

• Many believe the highest fights on the card are always the most important or feature the most popular fighters.
• In reality, UFC arranges fights based on a strategy designed to maintain viewer engagement throughout the entire event, not just the main event.

Key Elements of UFC Card Placement

Spreading Out High-Interest Fights:

• High-interest fighters or fights, often with large social media followings, are spaced across the card to keep viewers tuned in for longer.
• This avoids a scenario where all the important fights are stacked at the end, which could lead to viewers skipping earlier matches and only watching the main event.
• Example: A high-profile bout might open the event to capture early attention.

“Sandwiching” Low-Interest Fights:

• Lesser-known or lower-interest fights are often placed between two exciting or popular matchups.
• This ensures viewers are more likely to watch these lower-interest fights while waiting for the next high-profile match.
• Comparable to the Instagram scroll effect, where less engaging content is mixed with popular posts to keep users engaged.

Catering to Hometown Heroes

Enhancing Local Engagement:

• The UFC strategically places fighters who are considered “hometown heroes” on cards held in their local regions.
• This approach is intended to attract local fans, boosting attendance and viewership for the event.
• By placing these fighters in key positions on the card, the UFC aims to create an electric atmosphere that engages the crowd and enhances the overall experience for local supporters.

Promoting Emerging Prospects

Building Future Stars:

• The UFC also uses strategic card placement to promote rising stars or prospects.
• These fighters are placed around high-interest bouts to ensure maximum exposure.
• Example: Bo Nickal’s fight at UFC 300 was placed between other highly anticipated matchups to help build his fan base.

Why This Matters for the UFC

Maximizing Engagement & Ad Revenue:

• Spreading out high-interest fights and promoting rising prospects ensures viewers stay tuned throughout the event.
• This approach also maximizes ad revenue, as viewers are engaged for longer periods instead of only watching the main event.

BELOW IS VIDEO THAT DETAILS THE PROCESS WITH EVIDENCE TI BACK CLAIMS:

Seems a solid list, I didn't immediately notice the importance placed on the top prelim before a PPV though, because that's a good one.

Basically, the last free fight before people decide whether they're paying or not - it's a big showcase, and likely to get more eyeballs than the actual PPV fights given some viewers will drop out at that point.

This is way less important on a Fight Night, though.

Doesnt matter. Sherdoggers will still complain as if this hasn't happened for 10+ years already.

Also, UFC is dying

You heard it here first

I just think it's funny that Bo Nickal gets to be the 3rd last fight on the main card with Jones-Miocic.
UFC is trying way too hard to make him my favourite fighter.
look at his wrestling background. They know he has great potential to rise in the organization.

Wtf is with all these threads calling people Sherbums recently. It is so f-in annoying.

But I guess I am posting here, so that is my fault.

Reactions: TCE
Or...if we have a fight that everyone knows is shit, and no one wants to see, just scrap it rather than trying to push it on the main card?

The only "Sherbum" here is begging people to vote for him on some awards show. Pathetic loser.

Wtf is with all these threads calling people Sherbums recently. It is so f-in annoying.

But I guess I am posting here, so that is my fault.

It's the same guy, he's a pathetic individual.

Leave OP alone sherbums....

He will never be the same after Izzy's career died and now we're blessed with the true Champ.

Chama.

Back