News UFC can supposedly take a percentage of a business a fighter starts while under UFC contract.

Honestly, the only reason I turned down the contract the UFC offered me is because I didn't want to give up a % of these bad boys...

throwpillow,medium,1000x-bg,f8f8f8-c,0,200,1000,1000.jpg
Can you actually get these? Looking to buy a place soon and feel these as scatter cushions would be a nice touch

If that's in the contract, and your agent/ lawyer still advises you to sign. Something is wrong. Also as said previously, put it in someone else's name. Be the face but not the owner.

Last edited:
If that's in the contract, and your agent/ lawyer still advises you to sign. Something is wrong. Also as said previously, put it in someone else's name. Be the face but not the owner.
Fighters are too broke to have lawyers and managers all play along with the UFC, even against their client interest, because otherwise they would be out of business.

The only management agency that went against the UFC, CAA, had their their combat sports division wiped out and shut down after the Ngannou contract situation.

Fighters being smart enough to have/able to afford lawyers <Lmaoo>

Watched that episode LAST WEEK with wifey.

This is the same as 360 recording contracts. Ownership outright. Hope these signed fighters have trustworthy family whose name they can open things under.

Guess which elephant-in-the-room question NO REPORTER will ask Dana at ANY time?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
It's crazy how much owning the masters are worth. You can own the publishing, your likeness, all of that shit. Absolutely worthless if you don't own the masters, as they still own your music.

Looks like this example he gives, of the weed shop, is wrong.

From reading the contract, it looks to me, that they have a cut if you use the "work product" thing, which are the sutff UFC related.
So your image as an UFC fighter, etc.

Would be like: "you wanna be in a movie wearing the UFC gear? We need to take a cut from that."
But some other non UFC related business it's clear.

Here's what it says in the contract. Funny that the reporter didn't think to get the opinion of a lawyer on the matter.
MMA reporting is not very much far from Sherdog's forum discussions...

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Wwe was doing similar things not long ago. Telling their talent to get off things like twitch and onlyfans if they weren’t interested in sharing a percentage of the revenue because they believed their wwe recognition was driving their numbers.

Looks like this example he gives, of the weed shop, is wrong.

From reading the contract, it looks to me, that they have a cut if you use the "work product" thing, which are the sutff UFC related.
So your image as an UFC fighter, etc.

Would be like: "you wanna be in a movie wearing the UFC gear? We need to take a cut from that."
But some other non UFC related business it's clear.

Here's what it says in the contract. Funny that the reporter didn't think to get the opinion of a lawyer on the matter.
MMA reporting is not very much far from Sherdog's forum discussions...

Clipboard01-1.jpg

I'm not sure if you heard, but ZUFFA sold the UFC in 2016.

Yeah I don't believe this at all, there is no way in hell the UFC can legally take a percentage of a fighters business that is in no way shape or form related to the UFC. These guys are
independent contractors and this would be the same as any other contractor working for any other company and them putting into the contract that they can take a percentage of any other business you might start, under fair work commissions or whatever it is in the states this would be highly illegal.
The WWE already does this, it's probably not legal but it's in a gray enough area that contractors are scared to fight it usually.

UFC needs to go out of fucking business. Always said it's a mafioso operation

So basically a fighter gets a really shitty contract when they initially sign with the UFC. What a revelation. This dude used to get excited about performance bonuses.

EwgLL4.gif

TBF, 60g's is still probably a decent sum of money, even to a veteran like K-Flo.

Back