UFC announces Rothwell v JDS

JDS should fight Arlovski, Barnett or Bigfoot instead since they're coming off losses. And Rothwell should face maybe Travis Browne.

Give overeem who? Overeem just KO'd JDS and Rothwell just KO'd Overeem. So, who you got in mind for Overeem?

Huh?
I'd like to see Rothwell v Overeem for a #1 contender fight

The UFC is trying to be clever. Big Ben will put them in their place. Again.

Unfortunately this means he won't be getting a title shot this year though, fuck it.

Well there will only be one heavy weight title fight this year any way. Give it two three months and Werdum will fight Cain or Stipe and that will be it for the year.

Nope they will give it to Cain or something and screw Big Ben... the UFC isn't ready for a goofy HW champ.
mma_fabriciowerdum_twitter62.jpg

Finally, a great HW matchup. If Rothwell wins he deserves the title shot even I do not like him.

Ufc trying to derail Rothwell

I kinda get the same feeling.. UFC don't want Rothwell anywhere near that title shot. And from a marketing perspective, I can see why

Why are people always talking about derailing? No offence, but if he gets a title shot and wins, won't he have to face JDS sooner or later? If he can't beat him then he doesn't deserve to be champion, so what's the difference if he has to fight someone higher ranked first?

You misunderstand, the UFC don't want Rothwell to get a title shot, so they are throwing guys at him hoping he'll lose so they never have to give him one

Man they are making it really tough on Rothwell.. He's most deserving of the next shot, feel for the guy..

Love this fight

Of course the UFC is trying to derail Rothwell, he's like a king-sized Johny Hendricks, only more boring, and Hendricks is already hella boring. Does it suck for Rothwell? Yes, but from a purely financial standpoint it makes total sense. As despicable as that may be, it's all about the bottom line, folks.

Of course the UFC is trying to derail Rothwell, he's like a king-sized Johny Hendricks, only more boring, and Hendricks is already hella boring. Does it suck for Rothwell? Yes, but from a purely financial standpoint it makes total sense. As despicable as that may be, it's all about the bottom line, folks.

I dunno Hendricks is just unlikable as an individual too. Plus they tried giving him a million chances.

Rothwell seems like a guy that the people could get behind. They muzzled him a bit last fight preventing the villian mask and cape but the guy is a character and not a whiner liker Johnny. I think Rothwell could be a star if he could be lucky enough to string some wins together.

I'm not sure why people complain. Rothwell deserves a title shot but putting him against someone who just had a bad performance is an unfair tactic to derail him?
What's your point? He deserves the shot yet they put him against a very dangerous opponent? JDS is one dude who can knock people out with one punch....

Why are people always talking about derailing? No offence, but if he gets a title shot and wins, won't he have to face JDS sooner or later? If he can't beat him then he doesn't deserve to be champion, so what's the difference if he has to fight someone higher ranked first?
I don't know how you came up with this nonsense. If this is your logic, then Everyone else doesn't deserve to fight Werdum unless they beat Cain? No one should challenge Jones unless they beat Cormier?
How bout Rockhold unless they beat Weidman then?

Honestly Rothwell deserved the shot more than Miocic or Cain.

Miocic knocked a guy who was famous for getting ko'ed, Rothwell tapped a guy who was famous for crushing people on the ground.

Back