UFC announces Rothwell v JDS

they want to block Rothwells way by letting him fight JDS

Block Rothwell?

JDS is on the decline buddy. His fights with Cain took alot out of him, his fight with Stipe took out more, and Overeem sealed the deal.

Rothwell is going to finish JDS. Never thought I would ever say that.

Another political hurdle to slow Ben Rothwell down which he will overcome.

Not the original fight. JDS was booked for the Croatia card. Other fights couldn't happen so Rothwell took it.

Not the original fight. JDS was booked for the Croatia card. Other fights couldn't happen so Rothwell took it.

What other HWs even make sense? Reem isnt under contract, Cain is out, Stipe is fighting Werdum.

Travis Browne only other guy who makes sense

What other HWs even make sense? Reem isnt under contract, Cain is out, Stipe is fighting Werdum.

Travis Browne only other guy who makes sense

Browne and Arlovski.

Jds beat Stipe two fights ago. He was tentative vs Reem because Reem has great footwork and used angles so that JDS couldn't set up his punches.

Rothwell literally uses no footwork at all. Barnett was easily outboxing him.

Rothwell resurgence has been fun to watch but man are people overrating him. He's still awful technically.

You are nuts. Rothwell no footwork?

benrothwell.gif

Rothwell>>>>>>>>>>Cruz

But seriously, Overeem didn't use any real major pivots, side step, or cut angles. He just stayed on his bike. JDS just sucks moving his feet and pressuring. He seemed utterly beffudled when Overeem didn't stand in front of him. And when he did manage to corner overeem, he threw a brief flurry and let Overeem off the hook. Old JDS would have pounded on him with no mercy. And then after that Overeem finally came forward and dropped him. Granted, I agree, Rothwell isn't going to utilize the strategy of enonoreem. Hes a slow, plodding brawler that JDS usually feast on. But the combination of Rothwell being extremely durable while JDS seems to be diminishing is not good. I think rothwell drops him in an exchange and finishes him

Can we stop talking about what is fair?

Seriously when has what's fair ever mattered in life?

Jds is higher ranked than Rothwell and has had a far more distinguished career. If Rothwell wins this fight he likely gets a title shot. Well barring Reem resigning and possibly facing Cain.

You're an idiot

Block Rothwell?

JDS is on the decline buddy. His fights with Cain took alot out of him, his fight with Stipe took out more, and Overeem sealed the deal.

Rothwell is going to finish JDS. Never thought I would ever say that.
Overeem was kind of quick stop for the Judge. JDS wasnt out! It was not a long time ago since JDS beat Stipe, a highly skilled and ranked fighter. The threat of take downs from the opponent is hardly there for JDS here, so it will be 100% striking I guess. And JDS is better striker then Rothwell.

Last edited:
Assuming that Frankensantos still hasn't mustered up the courage to throw a punch, Rothwell will walk straight through him.

JDS broke my heart by looking amateur against Overeem.

Rooting for Rothwell this thime.. If Junior does not put a vintage performance he is losing this one.

Terrible fight. Makes no sense and the UFC just wants to derail Rothwell.

It's also a big lose/lose situation for JDS. If he loses against Rothwell he'll be seen as done and it'll be a really bad loss for his career. If he wins people will just say that Rothwell was never that good.

Shit fight UFC.
In that case it does make sense if they're trying to "derail Rothwell" with a guy coming off a loss. JDS will be the favorite here.

Pretty much this. It's a sad state of affairs. I will be rooting for him to win.

Yes besides the fact he's an injury replacement and the Ufc even told Rothwell not to take the fight(because he might be in line for the next title shot or at least a #1 contenders bout).

But totally Ufc trying to derail him

The problem for everyone is they're underrating overeem. If he doesn't get caught he can beat literally anyone. He was winning all those fights until he got KO'd if you don't catch him on the button he will probably beat you.
The guy knocked out badar Hari.
And although I thought he lost... He beat werdum. Sitting in his guard!

Would rather see Rothwell/Miocic for #1 contender, but this is a good fight. We should be happy to see two top tier HWs under any circumstances these days.
The UFC is doing its best to kill the division off. 205 and up is just a wasteland at the moment.

Overeem was kind of quick stop for the Judge. JDS wasnt out! It was not a long time ago since JDS beat Stipe, a highly skilled and ranked fighter. The threat of take downs from the opponent is hardly there for JDS here, so it will be 100% striking I guess. And JDS is better striker then Rothwell.

I think JDS is a more fluent striker myself, but I think hes on the decline and rothwells punches come in weird angles. Rothwell will win, youll see.

Back