UFC announces Rothwell v JDS

What's your point? He deserves the shot yet they put him against a very dangerous opponent? JDS is one dude who can knock people out with one punch....

You know he isn't getting the next shot and that the next title isn't even announced yet, you expect him to wait for a full year considering the rate things work at heavyweight? JDS would be his first top 5 and would help him get a better rank against more marketable fighters.

Stop the whining, it's a good stand-up matchup that could go either way.

Yup, JDS won't be holding back this time around. Rothwell is done.

September 5th, 2014. Not THAT long ago.

I know but they are the 2 contenders behind stipe.
Unless they give overeem cain, I see him being next which I feel is unfair for Ben

I know but they are the 2 contenders behind stipe.
Unless they give overeem cain, I see him being next which I feel is unfair for Ben

Can we stop talking about what is fair?

Seriously when has what's fair ever mattered in life?

Jds is higher ranked than Rothwell and has had a far more distinguished career. If Rothwell wins this fight he likely gets a title shot. Well barring Reem resigning and possibly facing Cain.

Love me some JDS but I don't think his chin is what it was before the Cain fights and the Miocic war. Rothwell by first round finish.

like me some Rothwell, but I don't buy this JDS is done narrative. I think he wins a clear decision over rothwell here. He'll keep his distance and dominate Rothwell on the feet.

VyQyyZ.gif

Can't wait.

This is a bad fight to take for JDS coming off a TKO loss. I would much rather see Rothwell vs Miocic in a #1 contender match.

It'd be a sad day if JDS gets KO'ed by Rothwell. JDS' chin has been cracking since his losses to Cain (and Overeem).

Why not Rothwell/Stipe for the #1 contender and Browne/JDS instead??

JDS is washed up, Rothwell will probably submit him too

UFC definitely trying to derail Ben.

Even if he wins, they could still be like "well, Reem just beat him also..."

JDS was gun shy against a guy who is infamous for not being able to take a punch well. And his skills seem to be eroding quickly. What makes you think he can regain form against a guy whos not only very hard to finish but also on a huge momentum gain? I think this this is the reason Rothwell accepted this fight. JDS is done and Rothwell will close the casket

JDS was gun shy against a guy who is infamous for not being able to take a punch well. And his skills seem to be eroding quickly. What makes you think he can regain form against a guy whos not only very hard to finish but also on a huge momentum gain? I think this this is the reason Rothwell accepted this fight. JDS is done and Rothwell will close the casket

Jds beat Stipe two fights ago. He was tentative vs Reem because Reem has great footwork and used angles so that JDS couldn't set up his punches.

Rothwell literally uses no footwork at all. Barnett was easily outboxing him.

Rothwell resurgence has been fun to watch but man are people overrating him. He's still awful technically.

Back