• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC announced Tony/Khabib will NOT be for the REAL belt at UFC 223. Press conference this FRIDAY.

LOL at anyone who thought they would strip Conor 4 months after he earned them $300m and give the belt to some fuckin Tony guy that nobody has ever heard of

giphy-17.gif

The UFC know that Conor's a hothead....

They couldn't take the risk he'd just retire if they strip him.

I said it before no way they strip him, but Im a big Conor fan and the next fight should be against Ferg/Conor. Ferg shouldnt have to defend an interim belt.

Brooklym is BEAUTIFUL this time of year.

Does this matter Sherbros? If they stripped Conor then the two other fight for a "real" belt and they let Conor fight the winner either way. Symbolically, sure he should be stripped. Wouldn't change anything. But let the outrage and shock commence....

It does matter. Even if you in your heart consider it the real belt, the casuals and history don't. I'm also pretty sure that financially Tony doesn't get treated as the real champ.

Holy shit, is Conor ever being protected. Makes sense financially, but it proves the UFC has gone full boxing mode now.

I figured this would happen, but I'm still sad to see it.

I'm guessing Khabib and Tony refused, but got strong armed by the UFC. They were probably offered a few extra peanuts to do it, and then threatened if they didn't.
In what way is he being protected?

He'll fight the winner, you know the better of the 2...

tenor.gif

Brooklym is BEAUTIFUL this time of year.

Does this matter Sherbros? If they stripped Conor then the two other fight for a "real" belt and they let Conor fight the winner either way. Symbolically, sure he should be stripped. Wouldn't change anything. But let the outrage and shock commence....

This. If anything, keeping this as an interim suggests they've all but announced they have a date for McGregor's return. But really, who knows. This fight is booked and if Khabib can make it to the fight it'll be a fun fight.

If I was betting I would say that Dana wants him stripped and WME is saying no...
That's one of the few bets I'd feel confident in wagering my house. Dana would never strip Conor of that belt.

I said it before no way they strip him, but Im a big Conor fan and the next fight should be against Ferg/Conor. Ferg shouldnt have to defend an interim belt.
100% agree.

conor haters in tears lmao.
Bro, I think its utter bullshit Ferg doesnt fight Conor for the REAL belt. No way should he have to defend it, he damn well deserves the title fight. Im a massive Conor fan but I think this is bullshit news. Ferguson's next fight should be against Conor.

Conor was right

Apparently it will take an army to take both of his belts, as he said.

Apparently he is going to be sitting back, picking and choosing his next opponent, just like he said.

It's disgraceful, and we were all warned that it would be this way.

"The press release doesn’t state whether McGregor has been stripped".

Dana seemed pretty adamant in an interview yesterday that if Conor doesn't step up they would strip the belt. I'm a bit on the fence here...

Bro, I think its utter bullshit Ferg doesnt fight Conor for the REAL belt. No way should he have to defend it, he damn well deserves the title fight. Im a massive Conor fan but I think this is bullshit news.
Maybe Tony just got a really good offer from the UFC, with Conor waiting in the wings that will be a very big fight, maybe Tony just thinks he's got Khabib's number and wants a big payday.

"The press release doesn’t state whether McGregor has been stripped".

Dana seemed pretty adamant in an interview yesterday that if Conor doesn't step up they would strip the belt. I'm a bit on the fence here...

Dana has never lied before?{<jordan}

Maybe Tony just got a really good offer from the UFC, with Conor waiting in the wings that will be a very big fight, maybe Tony just thinks he's got Khabib's number and wants a big payday.

There is no upside in this fight for Tony, he doesnt get the REAL belt if he wins.
If he loses, he loses his multi-million dollar fight.

Its a big fight but cmon this rarely does 400k-500k buys and will earn him so much less. Losing this fight, which he has a real probability of doing so, makes a mockery out of him.

Ferg should only fight Conor, thats what the Interim's next fight is.

Khabib wouldn't mind fighting for the interim belt. He wants the gold doesn't matter interim or not but goddamn tony is such an idiot, does he really think that if he wins he'll get a shot at Conor?

Back