UFC 92 Forrest vs Chuck

Jardine is not better than Forrest. Forrest improved a lot after losing to Jardine, twice in a row defeated the #1 ranked LHW (Shogun and then Quinton) and became champion, only losing to very elite fighters (Anderson, Rashad, and Shogun in the rematch).

Jardine lost 7 of 9 fights after beating Forrest, some to elite fighters, some to not so elite fighters. His two wins in that timeframe were both split decisions (though he deserved the UD against Chuck). His career went in the tank after beating Forrest.

Thankyou. Well put. I could never see Jardine go 5-3 against Rua/Rampage/Rashad/Anderson/Tito/Rich/Rua/Tito...

At best he wins 2-3 of those fights imo.

if i were a tapout bro in a lifted truck i would be your friend.

You're just a peice of shit troll, living alone in mommies basement while dad took off the moment he saw you, or mom, give or take. Log back on to World of Warcraft and troll the rest of your kind kid.

Anyways,

I always wanted to see Forrest and Chuck throw down, Coach vs Student ect ect ect and with Forrest at EC it would have added to the fun.... We missed out on a great fight for sure.

I personally would like to so '13 Griffin vs. '13 Liddell

I agree.

But we seen Rashad land a heavy punch on Griffin in the second round of their fight and Forrest just took it. He also was arguably outstriking Rashad. With all that i think Forrest woulda hung tough a few rounds for sure. Chuck woulda probably got the finish inside 20 minutes tho.

It wouldn't have been easy for Chuck if this went past the 1st two rounds, I think it would be more competitive after that. Forrest took good shots from both Rashad and Rampage, but he isn't very durable. He changed his tactics and moved away after being dazed since the Jardine fight because of that. Chuck, at that point, was more aggressive than Rampage and Rashad, that would be hard to deal with.

You are giving him no credit. And if you read the op i stated Chuck is obviously better as is Rua and Rampage. But sorry not Jardine imo. You make Forrest sound like a can.

I think Forrest's first win over Shogun is legit, no excuses like Shogun with bad knees or whatever. I just think Jardine beats him 9 times out of 10.

I don't see a way that Forrest could beat Chuck even at that point. Forrest lacked power so Chuck knew he would be comfortable picking his shots and eventually would render Forrest unconscious, I'd go with early 3rd round TKO Chuck

Jardine is not better than Forrest. Forrest improved a lot after losing to Jardine, twice in a row defeated the #1 ranked LHW (Shogun and then Quinton) and became champion, only losing to very elite fighters (Anderson, Rashad, and Shogun in the rematch).

Jardine lost 7 of 9 fights after beating Forrest, some to elite fighters, some to not so elite fighters. His two wins in that timeframe were both split decisions (though he deserved the UD against Chuck). His career went in the tank after beating Forrest.

let me rephrase that, i believe and would put money on jardine to win vs. forrest 9 times out of 10

let me rephrase that, i believe and would put money on jardine to win vs. forrest 9 times out of 10

Wow.

Personally I'd take any 2007+ version of Forrest to beat ANY version of Jardine ever all day every day.

And i guess we can debate on who we think the better fighter is all day long. But there is absolute no doubting who has had the better career(former UFC champ, TUF 1 winner etc) and made a bigger impact on the sport.

chuck was overrated but for a good reason, he was putting guys the fuck out in violent fashion. Chuick was an absolute G. Forrest was overrated based on his gift win over Rampage and beating shogun in 07. We all saw what a healthy shogun did to him in the rematch.

yeah at that stage i would have take Griffin by a pretty easy UD or possible TKO, i don't think at that point Chuck was in any position to deal with the size of Griffin

Chuck would get frustrated in the first, then cut him off in the second and flurry. Tends to happen whenever a fighter's style frustrated him. He did the same thing to Rashad, but Rashad caught him before he could tee off.

My heart cries a little that this fight didn't happen. F'ing Rashad.

I think Chuck would have won. His weakness was his chin and Forrest isn't exactly known for knocking people out.

chuck was overrated but for a good reason, he was putting guys the fuck out in violent fashion. Chuick was an absolute G. Forrest was overrated based on his gift win over Rampage and beating shogun in 07. We all saw what a healthy shogun did to him in the rematch.

Forrest beat up and out worked Rampage. Rampage clearly won the first, Forrest dominated the second. The rest were toss ups and very close. I would give Forrest the edge for staying busier and more aggressive. Not to mention doing the most damage of the fight(crippling Rampages legs and locking in a deep triangle choke).

Calling that a gift is a stretch. That fight could have gone either way get over it.

And Forrest is 1-1 against Rua. Sorry.

Chuck would of fucked up Forrest. Im still mad we never got to see them fight. Thanks alot Rashad...

Forrest Griffin is probably the worst UFC champion of all time.

Forrest would land leg kicks and Chuck would wobble Forrest with power punches

Chuck would knock him out with one punch

Back