• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 303 - Pereira vs. Procházka II (Jun 29th) @ Las Vegas

Pereira also has kicks which he uses extremely well. Even a elite kickboxer like Adesanya got hurt quickly by those low kicks. Not telegraphed and very powerful.

Last fight I think Jiri was trying to stay on the outside to find his windows to land bombs. He got his leg wrecked quickly and had to change stances. He also tried to rush it a bit which is exactly when he was countered and put out.

It’s like everything Poatan does is building towards his end goal. Watch the Strickland fight, Jiri and Hill fights. Just beautiful how he sets things up and pulls the trigger
Im hoping Jiri can implement more wrestling, and try a little better to avoid leg kicks early on. In the Rakic fight Jiri does seem to fight in southpaw at times, so that'll make it stylistically harder for Periera to land kicks, if he learned to become more comfortable in southpaw thats a bonus.

Gastelum coming in to rd 3 fresh as a daisy comes to mind

Din Thomas on MMA Today said that Ortega looked "like death". That basically the doctor likely told his camp that the fight would be at 155 or he wouldn't clear him.
I don't think there were reports like that about Kelvin.

Din Thomas on MMA Today said that Ortega looked "like death". That basically the doctor likely told his camp that the fight would be at 155 or he wouldn't clear him.
I don't think there were reports like that about Kelvin.
Kelvin's doctors probably looked at his cholesterol levels and also diagnosed him as "nearing death".

Dolidze started his career at heavyweight and has fought the majority of his career at light heavyweight.

I don't see Smith having much of strength advantage at all.

Dolidze has easily overpowered everyone at MW.

Fair, and he looked plenty solid at weigh in. It's still different grappling with a bigger guy. Compare Smith to Hermannson for example, Anthony is just a much bigger dude.

Man...Jiri was rocked badly by Rakic in rd 1 in his last fight and was almost finished. Jiri is tough as hell and is live, but he's also reckless at times and Poatan's power isn't in question. And unlike other guys he generates a ton of power with no windup, he's a special striker. Watch how short the punches are that wrecked Strickland, there are VERY few guy on earth capable of that.

Again, Jiri can win and if he mixes grappling and keeps Perreira guessing he can land big shots like you said and definitely find a finish of his own. But he's in danger every second in that cage that Alex isn't on his back.
you'd only have to rewatch their fight and see he was doing well up until he lost. He landed a barage of shots on Alex that wobbled him back, and was having success grappling. we'll see, not much else to say on this fight.
The guy went out, crumbled down and woke up while Poatan was in full mount. Do you really think the ref should’ve let it play out? Because it wouldn’t have changed the outcome. Fine stoppage.
exaggeration. did he nap for .5 seconds?

Gaddard assumed he was out before he hit the floor.

Im hoping Jiri can implement more wrestling, and try a little better to avoid leg kicks early on. In the Rakic fight Jiri does seem to fight in southpaw at times, so that'll make it stylistically harder for Periera to land kicks, if he learned to become more comfortable in southpaw thats a bonus.
There's zero reason to believe he's going to figure out how to check or get out of the way of Pereira's low kicks. Jiri was basically a punching bag and couldn't check any kicks against Rakic until Rakic melted under the pressure.

Ignoring the grappling advantage, Pereira is a nightmare match up for Jiri. Jiri is heavy on his lead leg and can't check kicks and blocks punches with his face as defense. Even though Jiri landed some good shots I didn't see Periera getting rocked in there, I think his chin is much better when he's not nearly killing himself to make 185. I'm personally not betting on Pereira because this fight is on short notice and I'm not sure how well prepared he is, but I just don't see the appeal of taking Jiri in this match up either.

Last edited:
Weight miss for Jean Silva, good or bad for Jourdain's chances? I like Charles here because he's usually good in a dogfight.

Weight miss for Jean Silva, good or bad for Jourdain's chances? I like Charles here because he's usually good in a dogfight.
Bad for Jourdan. Silva doesn’t need money.

He can afford this penalty to not have to drain his performance

Im on Diego

One thing for certain. Never buying the deathbed talk again if Ortega operates at his normal level

To me Gillian is the biggest lock on this card, although I was watching the UFCs betting show on YouTube and the professional gambling expert guy said his lock was Waterson!
Gilian biggest lock for sure, Din Thomas in the corner ez win but its WMMA so never go all in

Swanson should not be this big of a dog. I want to see him walk out before playing him but if he's got that look in his eye, I'll drop the hammer. Fili could get one punch TKO'd

The Jiri fight is dog or pass for me. If he were to come out and take Alex down, he could submit him. At 10:1, worth a shot. Fights don't usually play out the same way twice so I am not expecting him to walk right into a hook counterstrike. I feel like this one could go on a bit longer a la the Glover fight which would open up some questions about Alex's cardio. I may play the over and late round finishes by Jiri if I can find good numbers.

Lopez and T City are both slick on the ground and very difficult to put away so the over in that fight or just a fight ends in decision bet makes a lot of sense there. Split decision prop maybe.

I love Barriault but I don't think he's good enough to actually win which usually leans me towards betting the favorite by decision. The thinking here is that Barriault will be good enough to not get finished but not good enough to actually win. Pyfer by decision.

Last edited:
Back