• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 302 had 0 knockout finishes

wmma fights will save us with new gloves. KOs everywhere.

Wait are you actually blaming the gloves for the lack of KO's?
No, just the abundance of eye pokes and the shitty design quality with the letters falling off.

Yeah I was thinking this last night while watching the event, no one seemed to have any pop on their punches, all the best shots and cuts were coming from elbows and knees all night.

JBG is not happy with the new gloves so far.

I’m baffled at what the point of these gloves are. They suck worse than the old ones. It’s like they hate their fans.

I get your point but the new gloves are 1 ounce less padding, its not that much of a difference tbh.

Cards like this really make me feel old

Been waiting forever for a ppv since 301 and since some forgettable fight nights

Most fights were "chess fights". A few that felt like washes ended up being split decisions

Took 7 fights for one finish

Referee forced Dos Santos (one of the only really entertaining fights) to return after an eyepoke

The whole card was very bizarre. I gotta ask is this bad matchmaking? Frankly I'd be upset if I dropped top dollar to be there

To boot I fell asleep during the co main, the fight I was most excites to see

And now some fight nights coming up that will surely be more exciting and another pov at the end of the month... Don't want to be jaded just want to have fun

Eh it takes two to tango. Also 2 submissions in the main card.. That's rare in these times.

Niko Price and Alex Moron should never be in a main card and I'd rather watch an Aljo or Belal fight than a Sean Strickland fight

Also rare to see an armbar these days. People don't tap to that anymore, as we saw.

Cards like this really make me feel old

Been waiting forever for a ppv since 301 and since some forgettable fight nights

Most fights were "chess fights". A few that felt like washes ended up being split decisions

Took 7 fights for one finish

Referee forced Dos Santos (one of the only really entertaining fights) to return after an eyepoke

The whole card was very bizarre. I gotta ask is this bad matchmaking? Frankly I'd be upset if I dropped top dollar to be there

To boot I fell asleep during the co main, the fight I was most excites to see

And now some fight nights coming up that will surely be more exciting and another pov at the end of the month... Don't want to be jaded just want to have fun

Happens sometimes. Card was good on paper. Sometimes bad on paper surprises too.

UFC 302 had 0 KO/TKO finishes. Safe to say the new gloves are pillows and negate damage. UFC needs to move to bare knuckle style or incorporate Pride gloves.

Just let the fighters load up their hand wraps, Margarito-style.

Back