PBP UFC 301 - Pantoja vs. Erceg Preliminary Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 5 / 4 at 6pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s a sweet ass hat

Apparently it's the national hat of Kyrgyzstan, Valentina was handing them out to Rose and her team in an Embedded episode around 7-8 years ago.

Should be happy when things are done correctly then instead of being content with the norm being wrong.
I see your point but in this case the fence grab did nothing. Brener still got the takedown. If that had cost him the fight, there would have been no justice in that.

Skills are there.
Fight IQ is another matter
i feel the exact opposite. i see very little skill and 100% IQ. what can the opponent do to stop 37 takedown attempts? he's not allowed to use his environment or strike effectively from the bottom, it's one-sided. same as merab.

In the Unified Rules, it's completely up to the refs discretion, most of them just don't use it very often. I love Max, but he should have had a point taken away for the second eyepoke against Gaethje (no, it would not have changed the outcome of the fight, but I digress).
Well yeah, it’s 100% ref’s discretion. And even though it’s in the rules, if you’re going to enforce them without warnings, I just feel like the fighter should know that given the general standard of multiple warnings. I’m all for them deducting points immediately though, I think warnings are dumb. Just make it known before so the fighters know they must be extra careful.

He was given a warning in the 2nd round. Go rewatch the fight. He was on top and Brener tried to sweep and he grabbed the fence. The ref was on it instantly and gave him a warning. This was a second offense.
Oh missed that. Then no problem from me.

artworks-ZKz07ze8lPG2bk3r-5Ew7fA-t500x500.jpg

Drank everything I had o_Oo_O @HI SCOTT NEWMAN I'm pretty drunk yet XD

Be careful - they're still a long way to go!

This camera work is pretty cool, moving in and out.

Back