• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC 294 - Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 10/21 at 2PM ET / 11AM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a draw in this fight, considering I scored 10-8 for Chimaev in the first round. Nothing really outstanding about Chimaev given he fought a guy that is not in his prime and took this fight at short notice. Funnily I can see him finding a way to beat Strickland with his explosive grappling in the first minutes, but that's it.

I'm not so confident Khamzat would beat Strickland now. Assuming he doesn't get a quick blitz finish, I think Strickland would just 1-2 him all night.

If he can take him into the Champ rounds he'd light him up.

Surviving that first round blitz is tough though.

I think this crashed the MMA Decisions website. Lol

That's all I need now, a power slap commercial to end the event. Pfft.

Khamzat can probably beat Strickland in the first round. Khamzat has subbed Strickland before in training. I want to say Strickland will mount a comeback but he doesn't have the takedown defense. Those shots that Usman stuffed will probably take Strickland down.

Ham scared of striking exchanges . Us would have ducked him up w/full camp.
He wasnt scared of it. It just wasnt really workin out for him. He knew what got him to the dance,and where usman was gonna be vulnerable
I like this human, emotional Khamzat.

<mma4>
Agreed.

I know Usman is a cardio monster but you shouldn’t grapple dominate someone a weight class down who’s had 10 days including an international flight for a whole round and then get over ran. Being said middleweight is probably the best weight class for him to do that in.

Usman made a good account for himself, I don't think 5 rounds would have made a difference. But he is clearly one of the best that khamzat had faced

please not a one way traffic decision for Islam

I need something good right now because the entire card has sucked fucking donkey balls

Power slap is an amusing watch once or twice but lol at watching it regularly. Wonder how much money Dana is spending to make that sport work

Back