• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC 294 - Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 10/21 at 2PM ET / 11AM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main card got derailed by Ankalev/Walker and hasn’t recovered.

It’s up to the main event to save this. I hope Volk looks in better conditioning than Usman. Islam won’t gas out like Khamzat.

I wonder how it would look like if Usman had a full training camp.

Not very different in my opinion. His knees are shot and he looks completely unable to scramble. Full camp or not, that won't change. I don't think he had any cardio issues, he had Khamzat on his back for the whole first round and in the third he was by far the more fresher fighter.

If he can stuff the takedown, hazmat is fucked
That's a huge IF though. Khamzat is a wrestling machine. Even if Usman has no knees and took the fight late the ease Khamzat got those take downs when he was fresh is worrisome for Strickland

How do you get exposed "again"? He just beat the guy who was champ a year ago. I thought he was going to lose going in. What were your expectations of him?
he doesn't have great striking, the gas tank is questionable, a five round fight against strickland, i dont think he wins. usman coming on short notice, going up a weight class and kamzhats only answer was a body triangle, hugging his back with his legs. a takedown, in which he couldnt advance position.

Yeah I had Usman winning the third and the 2nd was razor close. We all know how much judges value a late takedown though

His wrestling impressed for one round, but man he has clearly shown to be rushed.
He would be losing all these fights in a 5 rounder and has barely scraped by Burns and Usman(respectable wins) but both have looked like they should have gone the other way in terms of actual offence within the fight. He definitely isn't the destroyer he was earlier but has great skills to overcome that.

Khamzat did super well in the first round. But that type of leg riding for 5 mins is pretty draining. Usman much better striking, Trveor Wittman is super good.

I wonder if Chimaev will ever have a clean fight with a top guy, one where we can clearly see how good he is, without a whole bunch "what ifs" clouding the issue.

Not very different in my opinion. His knees are shot and he looks completely unable to scramble. Full camp or not, that won't change. I don't think he had any cardio issues, he had Khamzat on his back for the whole first round and in the third he was by far the more fresher fighter.
Dude Kumzit was about to drop dead from exhaustion in there, he gets finished in 5

Back