PBP UFC 290 - Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez: Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 7/8 at 10PM ET/ 7PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm interested in knowing how people see Volk beating Yair. How would he conduct a winning striking affair against Yair? It's easier to picture how Volk could beat Yair up on the ground, at least for me. But how they match up on the feet is another.

Here's my picks, I think this will be a great card! I could definitely see Pantoja pulling it off but I will side with Moreno this time! :)

98868-3520994.png

I'm interested in knowing how people see Volk beating Yair. How would he conduct a winning striking affair against Yair? It's easier to picture how Volk could beat Yair up on the ground, at least for me. But how they match up on the feet is another.
Watch what Volk did to Max and zombie on the feet

Watch what Volk did to Max and zombie on the feet

Zombie is a fairly stationary fighter and was over the hill af in that fight.

The Max fight is an interesting comparison with the main difference being how Yair utilizes kicks which Volk has to get through. That wasn't a worry at all with Max at least not when you compare it with Yair's kicking game.

Volkmeatball. Yair has an impressive striking arsenal but it would be crazy to bet on Yair unless the odds were pretty outrageous, then he may be worth a bet. But since I'm voting and not betting, Volk seems about as unstoppable as anyone has in this division.

Volk
Moreno
picked DDP for the upset

Really solid card btw. I haven't been able to keep up lately but maybe the UFC got their heads out of their asses regarding PPVs. Ask that kind of money for 3 hours of entertainment then we better see a lot of low #s by the fighters names. I may just buy this one and watch it on the big screen. Put my money where my mouth is yea..

Certainly not a conventional escape, but he literally clocked homie in the ear from the bottom, half guard enough times for him to let go of the hold. haha

There's something you don't see every day.

Anyone else experiencing a lag of around 5 seconds between commentary and action for UFC 290 on BT ports? Rather annoying! I'd certainly be displeased if this were the case and I'd paid for a PPV.

wasn't as good as Algeo/Fili when Fili took Algeo's back for an entire round but ate like 100 undefended over the shoulder punches straight to the mouth and almost lost the decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnMicMMA
Back