UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane

2023 and people still lose money betting against Jon Jones.

"Jones will just wrestle him".

Jon's last 2 fights both went the full 25. He got TWO total TD's combined in those 50 minutes of fight time. Half of those were vs a guy on one leg.

But we should just assume because Ngannou hit a couple TD's on Gane that Jones is gonna wrestle-fuck him?

Hmm...
Maybe. Let's find out if 3 years later moving up a weight class if he's able to look better than he did winning a robbery vs Reyes his last time out.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Maybe 2023 Jones isn't the same as 2013 Jones. Father time is even more undefeated than Jones.

Either way I'm happy to back the underdog on this fight. Worst case scenario I see this as a 50-50 fight considering Jones Wrestling advantage.
<{hughesimpress}>

Was dead wrong on this one, happens. I still profited tonight, but was way off on this one.
You guys actually thought that Jon Jones, who was moving up to HW which means he would be even stronger than at LHW, wouldn't at some point in that fight get the fight to the ground against a guy who got taken down by a one legged Francis Ngannou.

Just hysterical

You guys actually thought that Jon Jones, who was moving up to HW which means he would be even stronger than at LHW, wouldn't at some point in that fight get the fight to the ground against a guy who got taken down by a one legged Francis Ngannou.

Just hysterical
Great. I got one wrong. Also got a bunch right and made $.

Just hysterical

What an embarrassing post.

No man with a shred of self awareness would come back after the fact and post this. Do you want a pat on the back, whats the purpose of making this post?

Also, most people in the thread weren't betting on the fight due to the lack of recent tape on Jones, and those who were on Ciryl Gane were doing so because of the price-tag not because they thought Ciryl Gane was a lock to win.

Just hysterical
Post the million dollar bet slip, nostradamus

My gunt says shavkat by sub is a strong play. Maybe even round 3. I don't think neal is going to survive the beating shav Willl put on him. That dude is terrifying, had that insane grin in the ceremonial weigh ins.

You sly dog

Just hysterical

Wow, I lost a bet on an underdog. I fell so ashamed.

Back