UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane

Giannis pick Jon Jones
And Drake bet 500k on Jones too...

Last edited:
Gamrot Sub reached +275. I'm putting $75 on that.

Also this triple sub play.

Rahk SUB @+195
Nickal SUB @-140
Gamrot SUB @+275
25 to win 449.11
My gunt says shavkat by sub is a strong play. Maybe even round 3. I don't think neal is going to survive the beating shav Willl put on him. That dude is terrifying, had that insane grin in the ceremonial weigh ins.

My personal take is that Jones vs Gane will look like a much less drastic/lopsided version of Ngannou vs Cain.
The older fighter is returning from a long layoff. The older fighter theoretically has a more diverse skill set and better grappling game in particular, but they are just too old, slow, injury riddled, small, etc. to compete with the younger big HW.
Again, I don't think it will look anywhere nearly as silly as Cain/Ngannou because Jones is clearly not that far gone in terms of injury/decline, but I think it will have shades of that fight.

Either that, or an easy TD + Sub for Jones haha.

Okay I guess the possibility is all these curses and jinxes somehow combine their powers and that breeds a victory for Jon Jones.
To add to that clusterfuck, Chael has also become aware his picks were being meme'd, so he said he purposefully pick the other side this time, but his pick was kind of contradicting that. I'm not even sure what side he genuinely was trying to pick after I watched the video.

Also feels a bit like tempting fate when the cursed ones are aware of the curse and try to cheat the game. Surely the gods would smite down such arrogance.

You think Jones last 2 fights were due to him physically declining or mentally/uninterested? Normally I wouldn't read too much into that but Jones is notorious for not training hard/partying/not taking serious. There was rumors he was uninterested years back, and now its pretty much confirmed he didn't train for gus 1 or bader fight at all. to me its hard to say thats why I'm staying away

There's articles out there of him saying how he's extra motivated by the Reyes fight because Reyes was undefeated. I dont trust a word Jon says. I only hesitate picking Gane because he has somehow avoided facing every grappler at heavyweight and there is some bit of unknown there. I think the best bet is the fight going over 3.5

My personal take is that Jones vs Gane will look like a much less drastic/lopsided version of Ngannou vs Cain.
The older fighter is returning from a long layoff. The older fighter theoretically has a more diverse skill set and better grappling game in particular, but they are just too old, slow, injury riddled, small, etc. to compete with the younger big HW.
Again, I don't think it will look anywhere nearly as silly as Cain/Ngannou because Jones is clearly not that far gone in terms of injury/decline, but I think it will have shades of that fight.

Either that, or an easy TD + Sub for Jones haha.
Yep. I feel like it is basicly impossible to predict how Jones will look, he can realisticly look anywhere between completely done and like a true champ again. No way I am touching him as a favorite with that said. I am better off playing roulette or something.
There's articles out there of him saying how he's extra motivated by the Reyes fight because Reyes was undefeated. I dont trust a word Jon says. I only hesitate picking Gane because he has somehow avoided facing every grappler at heavyweight and there is some bit of unknown there. I think the best bet is the fight going over 3.5
I agree on to many unknowns, which basicly turns it into a dog or pass fight. If you wanna go Jones I would try to get him at dog odds early if it stays standing.

Last edited:
Araújo is much better stand up Ribas. Shes tdd ok in last fights and this will be kickboxing match. Like a lot Vivi ML and Vivi decision. Thoughts?

Just got around to taping this fight. There is a very real possibility Ribas gets TKOd and I definitely favor Araujo to win. Araujo is probably going to be a lot stronger as well which should help in any grappling sequences.

Not sure why Ribas is the favorite.

Just got around to taping this fight. There is a very real possibility Ribas gets TKOd and I definitely favor Araujo to win. Araujo is probably going to be a lot stronger as well which should help in any grappling sequences.

Not sure why Ribas is the favorite.
Agree,I added a bit to Araujo no scorecards at 1,86,I think she's the one with the finishing upside

Well everyone, it's the big day.
The odds are much better for this than Islam vs Volk...
upload_2023-3-4_12-34-58.png

With that being said, I could totally see Jon avoiding the glove touch.
What say you?

Drake bet Jones big. I don't remember last time Drake's bet hit. He knows nothing about fighting just bets fighters that he is familiar with. Fade Drake.

Well everyone, it's the big day.
The odds are much better for this than Islam vs Volk...
View attachment 971767

With that being said, I could totally see Jon avoiding the glove touch.
What say you?

Quick research and Jones touches with everyone including his biggest rivals DC (both times), Gus, Rashad, Rampage and Chael. He usually also initiates it. Hard to see him passing with a nice fellow like Ciryl.

Quick research and Jones touches with everyone including his biggest rivals DC (both times), Gus, Rashad, Rampage and Chael. He usually also initiates it. Hard to see him passing with a nice fellow like Ciryl.

Yeah, that was my take as well. Decent return on that one. I'll drop a bet soon.

No comment on how it will affect her fight with Arujao but I watched Ribas vs Chook for the first time and while it wasn't the strongest performance I definitely wanted to score every round for Ribas. Crazy how people seem to love Chook so much that when she lands one or two punches in exhanges it comes of as "the most damaging strikes of the round". From a girl who couldn't finish a fight even if she had a sledgehammer in there.
/rant.

That does look swollen. I wonder if it'll give him extra power, similar to Hellboy.
That does look swollen a bit.

Is this from the training that likely caused for the swollen to happen? i dont think it would to be to much of a issue.

For SuperDraft I will play Jones as Captain.
Not sure if that will be a good idea.

We shall see.

Jones said he wants to drop 15lbs after this fight but stay at heavyweight, that tells me he thinks he needs this extra weight for a reason, im thinking his gameplan will be very wrestle heavy

Back