PBP UFC 259: Blachowicz vs. Adesanya - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am shocked so many had izzy winning this fight
lol

I don't think losing a decision to the world champion in the division above makes him average lol. I didn't think he'd lose though.
Dude got outstruck with basic fundamentals. Jabs and low kicks

He's nothing special like I've been saying here for months. He's lucky the MW division is terrible in the UFC, I mean Till is a top 3 fighter.

Dude got outstruck with basic fundamentals. Jabs and low kicks

He's nothing special like I've been saying here for months. He's lucky the MW division is terrible in the UFC, I mean Till is a top 3 fighter.

Idk dude when you give me that 90% + accuracy tapology account I'll trust ya.

I thought he gave a good account of himself given the weight he was given up. I don't think he hurt his stock much.

Clearly a big weight and strength advantage for Jan when they clinched or grappled.

Reminded me of Tito and the bellator MW champ when they fought.

Jan played a smart game in the last two rounds. It was a good fight overall, though.

Hi. What's the motivational video at the end of UFC 259. I remember seeing it for the last couple of UFC events at the end. I really liked the video, but couldn't find it online. Does anybody have a link for the video? A quote from the video is "every day starts and ends with a choice". Thank you.

Great win for Makhachev! Very entertaining while it lasted, Sterling and Yan got to fight again! Great win for Nunes! Wow what an inpressive performance, Jan is one of the most improved fighters the UFC has had great win for Jan!

I think it’s clearly a pretty low risk versus reward ratio.
It kinda fucks up a potential superfight with Jones. He got dominated and easily taken down by a non wrestler whenever Jan actually tried to initiate grappling (his instinct is to strike almost all the time). If he had stayed at 185 and cleared out the division and then Jones goes back to 205, it sets up a HUGE superfight for them at 205. Well, Jan ruined that for him. Everyone knows what Jones would do to him now. There's no mystery anymore.

I think it’s clearly a pretty low risk versus reward ratio.
Also, it's worth mentioning that it takes away the mythology that being undefeated creates. It was a BIG risk and it didn't pay off. That's the bottom line. He lost to a guy who isn't a big name and probably will never be one. If you're going to lose, you want your first loss to be to someone like Jones in a top-selling superfight. He fucked that up.

Israel was literally shaking his finger at Jan and not even looking at him seconds before Jan scored the 5th round TD, too busy doing a looksy doozy.

He was clearly showboating, thinking he had at least 3 rounds in the bag already.
And Jan smiled at Izzy after he threw a knee and missed.

So much for gamesmanship.

Back