PBP UFC 259: Blachowicz vs. Adesanya - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
amanda-nunes-of-brazil-poses-for-a-portrait-after-her-victory-during-picture-id1305747248

disagree. izzy was undefeated. now hes not. he was marketed as being some transcendent talent. now its clear hes just another mw champ. make no mistake this was a glory fight. it was not just about a belt. izzy wanted to join that exclusive club of elite goat fighters but he got turned away at the door. izzy wanted it. he was so close and he came up short. this will haunt him for the rest of his life.

agreed.

in my years watching mma, the transcendents in their prime for me is royce, silva, khabib, and bones. totally dominated the competition at their time. GSP is close, but he was not as dominating, i felt that GSP was not as reliant to his innate talent as the other greats, more of a cerebral type that can craft and execute a gameplan perfectly.

They changed the graphic in the post show so now it says Islam won by von Flue choke instead of arm triangle choke.

It was a crossface choke but closer to von Flue than an arm triangle

Who is this worm in the post fight press conference throwing Dana those softball questions?

What an event. Hope everyone enjoyed. Have a great weekend guys!

Idk man I’m just really stoked for Jan. This really is a huge win for him and an this establishes his championship that much better

disagree. izzy was undefeated. now hes not. he was marketed as being some transcendent talent. now its clear hes just another mw champ. make no mistake this was a glory fight. it was not just about a belt. izzy wanted to join that exclusive club of elite goat fighters but he got turned away at the door. izzy wanted it. he was so close and he came up short. this will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Fair points. This fight put a ceiling on Izzy's greatness. We can't imagine he'd dominate multiple divisions, etc. But I still think he's a very great fighter and potentially more than "just another mw champ". Nor do I think he'll be haunted.

Idk man I’m just really stoked for Jan. This really is a huge win for him and an this establishes his championship that much better

Yeah, Jan was in that weird place of being the first champ of the post Jones LHW division. He needed a big win like this over a great fighter to solidify his belt.

Gotta give props to Izzy. People praise guys like GSP, McGregor, and Silva when those guys "moved up" and fought at their natural weight class. Guys like Izzy, Penn, Ninja and Shogun actually fought men bigger than them.
cant give you a like as Ive run out , but youre right , he had a go
They almost always interview the loser of title fights.
fair enough

I Disagree

Do you honestly think Griffin and Bonnar are better Jan? I would disagree if you do. He’s far better in every aspect and it should be expected as they’re a decade apart.
On the flip side Silva in his prime could’ve beat Jan of today but not as easily as he handled Griffin and Bonnar.

Do you honestly think Griffin and Bonnar are better Jan? I would disagree if you do. He’s far better in every aspect and it should be expected as they’re a decade apart.
On the flip side Silva in his prime could’ve beat Jan of today but not as easily as he handled Griffin and Bonnar.

I don’t think Jan could beat Rua or Rampage. I think Griffin would be a tough fight for him. I simply don’t feel the way you do.

Very happy for Jan, he is a gentleman and deserves it. He fought a great fight and was in control. I had it 4-1 for Jan, he out struck Adesanya in 4 rounds, landed more strikes in 4 rounds and of course got all the takedowns and control and ground and pound..

Respect for Adesanya going up there.. he could easily have just defended his belt against some MW.. but he wanted to test himself and Jan is a lot bigger, which really hurt Adesanya when it came too the grappling exchanges..

I don’t think Jan could beat Rua or Rampage. I think Griffin would be a tough fight for him. I simply don’t feel the way you do.
That’s fair enough but I don’t know if many will disagree with you. Forrest had okay striking defense and a not great chin and not great wrestling either and I think time machine Jan would separate his head from his shoulders. Rampage definitely would have the stronger chin but probably fewer striking tools, less size and probably less cardio. I also think Shogun, as great as he was in PrideFC, his UFC run showed he probably should have fought at MW there. Big ups that he got the belt, but Machida was a similar sized opponent and a pretty good style matchup in that muay Thai tends to beat karate. I think Jan wins a majority of matches /10.

Back