News UFC 246 Did 2 Million PPV Buys (Equivalent)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
This.

I estimate my girl sucked tree fiddy dinks before mine. But like these numbers, we’ll never truly know
you have some options here... option a) get her some of that truth serum and ask her... b) become a president of US - then every single dinks will come to light with a big announcement... c) or you can stick with your version and be much happier :)

Sure but we should be comparing apples to apples when gauging his ability to draw vs fighters in the old format (including himself). The bottom line is he is as big or bigger than ever to gain interest like that in a thin card against an opponent like Cowboy. We're talking the second highest number in MMA history here...

Cowboy was not a tough opponent to hardcores, but he is a popular fighter with a name. That for sure helped the popularity of this fight among casuals.

And again, this isn't an actual number. This is just an approximation of interest in the fight. It was a big fight.

This is the same number reported for Khabib and Poirier plus an extra 20 million in Russia on cable

This confirms Khabib is bigger that Conor internationally by far

Conor haters are pathetic

Cowboy would lose vs meh competition in rizin and bellator, but Conor still sold 2 million vs Cowboy ... you guys should be happy.
Lol Cowboy only loses to the elite. No one in Bellator or rizin is beating him

you have some options here... option a) get her some of that truth serum and ask her... b) become a president of US - then every single dinks will come to light with a big announcement... c) or you can stick with your version and be much happier :)

<mma4>

Good advice. I will become president, truth
Serum her, imprison her For life, behead the infields who became before me

In b4

<escalate99>

Can we start doing dubs for these?

Wasteland.

Nobody has PPV information, not even estimates, other than ESPN. Stop making these threads you attention hoes.
dude it was published on google news okay geez Im just trying to keep people updated

ESPN+ has changed the game, but whatever metrics are used, I'm sure that the card did really well. Conor clearly has been and likely still is the biggest draw they have.

Why is an ESPN reporting quoting Meltzer when ESPN literally has all the numbers because it’s their own damn platform ??? Sounds like fake news

Metzer has credibility--several decades worth of it.

Wrong, breh. It was TRENDING near 2 mill in the old market, but ESPN+ screwed everything up. Honestly, 400K would be a smashing success. Ain't no Boomer have the desire to sign up for a year subscription to buy one PPV.

This stuff is always estimates & projections

I guess Disney doesn’t have to break down ESPN results to this level of detail? Remember, Disney is public. Straight up lying about results would be problematic. I mean, this is a rounding error for Disney. Just saying that IF they publicly comment on financial results they have rules to follow

anyways, my conclusion is that Conor likely remains immensely popular

Wrong, breh. It was TRENDING near 2 mill in the old market, but ESPN+ screwed everything up. Honestly, 400K would be a smashing success. Ain't no Boomer have the desire to sign up for a year subscription to buy one PPV.
I hear what you're saying, but we got 2 thingz telling us that's old news.

the first is Conor coming back... but even talking about coming back for not just one fight but a season.

Lesnar is talking about coming back & the whole reason he didn't take on DC is because the PPV structure wasn't up to par... so you can sit back on old news or accept the new news... it's up to you, but those are some pretty good indications saying that what they say is true.

2 million illegal streams. 200k buys.

I hear what you're saying, but we got 2 thingz telling us that's old news.

the first is Conor coming back... but even talking about coming back for not just one fight but a season.

Lesnar is talking about coming back & the whole reason he didn't take on DC is because the PPV structure wasn't up to par... so you can sit back on old news or accept the new news... it's up to you, but those are some pretty good indications saying that what they say is true.
Wait homie, what part are you referring to - me saying "Ain't no Boomer have the desire to sign up for a year subscription to buy one PPV" or the fact I don't think the fight did 2 million PPV buys? I agree that Conor coming back adds incentive to a subscription, but I can personally tell you this was the first Conor fight my 70 yr old father did not buy and he is skittish around technology, apps type stuff and would rather just go to a bar than commit to a $10 a month (whatever it is) ESPN+ fee.
As far as I know, both these stories originate from the same information that Meltzer gave us, and outside 'their word', we have no way to vet this. What I heard thru FRB (just rumor, not fact) was that the Khabib Poirier fight was trending around 1 mill buys but actually did 200K - that is a massive hit, if true, 1/5th the ratio of the old model. No doubt UFC is dong fine as they were given, what, 500 million to do the deal?

Glad to see you are aware of the new PPV structure and the Brock anecdote, which is pivotal.

Back