• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
Judge was supposed to give 5 minutes break for Colby to recover from illegal shots to the back of the head.

Refs almost never penalize back of the head shots during a fight ending flurry.

Covington had no chance of winning that 5th round lol

2 knock downs and he wasn't defending.
Every fighter knows if you do that and you're on the bottom getting hit, it gets stopped.
I don't like it but it's not a Goddard thing or a new thing.
It was more stopping it after 3 shots to the back of the head went without warning or time being called...bit bs to me...in a situation like that you need to enforce the rules.

Usman picked it up at a perfect time at the end, what a good fight. Both fighters upped their stock for sure.

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE LAST 2 LETS GOOOOOOO!

giphy.gif

"How could anyone think he won the round where he broke his jaw"

They didn't Joe. That's why they had it 3-1.

I feel bad for the mods in the heavies.

It just transformed into the WR. Those silent bitches who don't talk politics are now pundits.

I like how everyone is flaming Colby like he wasn’t arguably winning.lol

The traffic in here is fucking amazing I'll finish the last post of the thread and hit next with 10 pages already ahead

Damn ... was waiting for Colby interview but he ran out of the octagon.

So with the judges scores after 4 rounds, 2 knock downs and a 10-8 for Usman in r5 Usman would have won if it had gone for another 50 seconds anyway.

Take another look in the morning
I will take another look but I’m consistent in that I want a fighter to be given every reasonable opportunity to fight back and survive. I don’t think I will change my mind. I managed to win some v cash on another note, so thanks for that.

Judge 1: 3-1 Colby
Judge 2: 3-1 Usman
Judge 3: 2-2

Usman clearly would have won round 5 without the stoppage. Usman wins anyways.

100% chance President Trump tweets out what a BS stoppage this was

eh

shitty stoppage because the GNP didnt do anything and colby popped back up right away. he got knocked down 2 times tho, so it is what it is. usman earned this one, it was a tough rugged fight

props

Back