PBP UFC 243: Whittaker vs. Adesanya - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
Seems like the cock guys win more often than not in the big fights.

We need you back Werdum.

He should have just gave Whittaker a little bit more time is my point. We know in hindsight he was done but I don’t want refs who are trigger happy in title fights.
That little bit more time could cause brain damage. Robert has a family. The ref did the right thing. Do you remember what happened to Josh Emmet? Stephens broke his face with one more elbow and could have ended his career or blinded him for life. Fighters shouldn't take damage when they are clearly done and a real fan wouldn't want to see a fighter take more damage when they can't defend themselves. Not trying to lecture you, but come one. He was done and he offered no complaints with the stoppage.

CCOWzqm.jpg
Pretty much when I saw Whittaker mugging for the camera, I had a feeling he would go down. Seems like when the champ goes full Hollywood, they take an L

PORRACHINA DID NOT LIKE THAT. THEY NEED TO DANCE IN THE BATTLE OF CHAOS, GAPING BE UPON US.......

PORRACHINA DID NOT LIKE THAT. THEY NEED TO DANCE IN THE BATTLE OF CHAOS, GAPING BE UPON US.......

Does anyone have the cage weight for both Rob and Izzy?

That little bit more time could cause brain damage. Robert has a family. The ref did the right thing. Do you remember what happened to Josh Emmet? Stephens broke his face with one more elbow and could have ended his career or blinded him for life. Fighters shouldn't take damage when they are clearly done and a real fan wouldn't want to see a fighter take more damage when they can't defend themselves. Not trying to lecture you, but come one. He was done and he offered no complaints with the stoppage.
I know he offered no complainants and I’m not mad about the stoppage at all; I just don’t like the trend.

The Stephens Emmet situation was different though and I don’t think the ref could have stopped it earlier. Emmet was moving and ended up on his back and whatever happened needed to happen. Whittaker wasn’t flat on his back in a dreadful position and he braced his fall and knew what was going on. If Whittaker took another two shots I doubt he would be unconscious or severely damaged.

I understand that fighting isn’t the be all and end all for some of these guys but they know what they are signing up for and I don’t think the ref letting the fight go on for a little bit longer would have been negligent to Whittaker’s health. I don’t think people could complain if Adesanya was allowed to throw two more strikes.

I know its apples and pears but i have a feeling kelvin wouldve won the whittaker fight if it wouldnt have been cancelled. Though to be fair Whittakers last fight was quite a while back. Great guy Whittaker though, nothing but respect for him. but isreal looked razer sharp tonight.

Whitaker took better shots from Romero. Wars with Yoel may have stole a bit of his chin. Rob should go back and change his game plan, he can’t sit in the pocket anymore. Get in and get out and he could have aced a five round decision.

IMO, throw Paulo at him next. Maybe Cannonier after that if the dude is still on his current tear by then. If he makes it past them? I'd totally be down for a Izzy/Jones Super Fight.

IMO, throw Paulo at him next. Maybe Cannonier after that if the dude is still on his current tear by then. If he makes it past them? I'd totally be down for a Izzy/Jones Super Fight.

Would Bill Goldberg have a chance?

Back