UFC 238 has a Ground Breakin 5 WMMA Fights

The amount of wmma has steadily been rising through now both Fox, and ESPN. How some people just seem to ignore that fact astounds me. They still seem to think it’s a bad experiment that is eventually going to fail, and go away.

It’s so stupid, it’s actually amusing.

Personally I like wmma, and I’d like to see 3-4 fights on every card. I think that’s a good ratio. I don’t want or need any more than that. But I honestly like a minimum of two on each card.
Yeah, whether they accept it or not, it's not going anywhere.

Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill at UFC 188 was an extremely boring fight.

But in fairness to the ladies, gassing out wasn't just on them. I think this was the card that gave us talk of "Sea-level Cain." It was so bad that Dana apologized for how bad the card was.

I says... Pardon?

This is where I back a fighter that acclimated themselves. I mean this is 101. Barring insurmountable monetary restrictions...

Do you want to win? Are you willing to do what it takes to win? How much does winning mean to you?

Move to the fight venue a few weeks out.

A Big fight coming up on a personal level...at altitude, but it’s all round earth bullshit, I tell ya??? Acclimate, smacculate. Sherbros...Blahhhhhhhh.

An analogy on a much bigger scale...

The fucking German National Soccer team actually built a multi-milion dollar training complex in Brazil before the 2014 World Cup. Why?

Well those clever Germans thought it might pay dividends to acclimate their players to the heat, and humidity. ... The atmospheric conditions aren’t exactly similar between the two countries in real time, are they?

Need I remind you???

did-they-just-score.gif

brazil-woman.gif

giphy.gif

GERMANY 7 - BRAZIL 1

I love WMMA as much as the next man. But if I need to make excuses for them. That’s when I’ll step back.

Well it's a start I guess, though if you have to go back all the way to UFC 188 I think you might have skipped a few dozen boring WMMA fights. You seem to be pushing a deliberate agenda, not shilling for WMMA are you, or ESPN for that matter as they seem to be pushing for more WMMA fights.
How are you pushing an agenda any less than him?

How are you pushing an agenda any less than him?
I like high quality MMA fights regardless of gender, I dislike an increased amount of low quality MMA fights regardless of gender. Currently considering WMMA is in it's infancy when compared and contrasted with MMA there's been a disproportionate number of boring WMMA fights and of women been given a shot in the UFC without in the slightest deserving it. So you're right I am pushing an agenda, an agenda demanding an increased number of high quality fights. I think there's a broad support for my agenda whereas OP will seemingly defend any WMMA fight regardless of quality hence my question as to whether they are shilling for WMMA or ESPN.

None of those are bad fights per se. Shevchenko always delivers the technical fighting, Chookaigan could follow suit if she stops being overly cautious, Caldedwood can fight, Karolina can fight, Suarez and Ansaroff should be a nice scrap and a very important bout for the division. The others I don't know much about.

And sorry to break it to you people, but Holloway doesn't sell many PPVs, and I can guarantee you that Valentina vs Joanna also brought some viewers. Valentina is in this, and so is Kowalkievicz, they're both fan favorites.

I liked this just for your usage of “per se”, rather than “per say”, as I see all too often.

Trolling? Or you have a really low ceiling for "good" fights.
Shevchenko is going to sacrifice Eye to the Blood Gods like she's ODIN
Suarez vs Ansaroff is a sleeper. I'm anxious to see how good Nina can keep Suarez off her, else we get a sub finish
Felice Booty is FIRE, and I just personally like watching her beat up girls
Dr Kneevil is going to piece up Chook-ay-can-you-get-my-bar-tab
Karolina vs Grasso is pretty even, should be a solid scrap on the feet

Far better than watching fattys sweat on each other and swing haymakers that dont land. I personally dont understand how people dont like these fights. Would you rather watch Zak Ottow on the undercard? How about Drakker Klose? Gian Villante? Insert random russian on all the juice who just wrestle fucks? Ryan Janes? Sam Alvey? C'mon man....WMMA crushes half the roster, in watch-ability, at the very least. No disrespect the guys I named, just would rather watch these girls chase their dream.

This is the first card in over 4 years that I absolutely will not pay for

Not watching these "groundbreakin" fights or for that matter any card with more than two amateur, aka WMMA, fights.

They’re gonna learn just like Vince McMahon is learning these last couple of days.

There are about 3 female fighters I like Watching and its Nunes, Cyborg and Rose. Thats about it.

Groundbreaking as in views are going through the floor.

Suarez vs Ansaroff is a sleeper. I'm anxious to see how good Nina can keep Suarez off her, else we get a sub finish

Far better than watching fattys sweat on each other and swing haymakers that dont land. I personally dont understand how people dont like these fights. Would you rather watch Zak Ottow on the undercard? How about Drakker Klose? Gian Villante? Insert random russian on all the juice who just wrestle fucks? Ryan Janes? Sam Alvey? C'mon man....WMMA crushes half the roster, in watch-ability, at the very least. No disrespect the guys I named, just would rather watch these girls chase their dream.
Yesssss I would rather watch Sam Alvey and Drakker Klose over any of those chicks, maybe with the exception of tatiana, because I enjoy her wrestling

I stopped reading when you suggested Valentina was a just bleed god disciple. Genuinely one of the few comments to have me legitimately laughing out loud. Sure she's a technical fighter and when she doesn't revert to being a glorified point fighter she can be entertaining, but when's the last time she's sacrificed anybody by brutally finishing them?

I stopped reading when you suggested Valentina was a just bleed god disciple. Genuinely one of the few comments to have me legitimately laughing out loud. Sure she's a technical fighter and when she doesn't revert to being a glorified point fighter she can be entertaining, but when's the last time she's sacrificed anybody by brutally finishing them?
Priscila Cachoeira, 2 fights ago, is your memory that bad or did you just start watching at UFC 229?

Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Eye
Tatiana Suarez vs. Nina Ansaroff
Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Alexa Grasso

Yikes Shev,Eye, Herrig, and Chook are borin as shit
THANK YOU bro now I know what to avoid watching

Priscila Cachoeira, 2 fights ago, is your memory that bad or did you just start watching at UFC 229?
Yes she beat the dog piss out of that chick. Alot of the wmma fanbase doesnt like bullet though because they saw her shooting an ar15 and that makes their little penis go limp.

I'll watch the weigh ins but skip the fights.

That right there may well set the record for lowest UFC PPV buys ever. I don't know what that bar would be set at, although I guarantee one of my highly motivated brethren on here will post that up moments after me posting this, but I can not fathom any normal human being paying 60 bucks to view that much WMMA. Of course, then I see Cejudo/Moraes, Ivanov/Tuivasa, and Lamas/Kattar are on the card and I think there may still be hope for this one. There's still more time to book another WMMA strawweight slobberknocker...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back