UFC 238 has a Ground Breakin 5 WMMA Fights

how could ESPN think 500k guaranteed buys equivalent for every ppv was a good idea?
i'm sure you know better. please contact ESPN asap and tell them how it really should be, based on your outstanding market research

ESPN isn't in the business of losing money. If they requesting more wmma fights there must be a reason.

Pretty sure two mid-level women fighting bring in more interest than two mid-level men. Look at Alexa Grasso. Mediocre fighter with a 2-2 UFC record but has almost 200k Instagram followers and people talk about her. Her male equivalent isn't getting nearly the same attention.

Are more people really going to buy the card if you replace the women fighting with random male fighters no one cares about? I find that highly unlikely.
They have been in the business of losing money for about 5 yrs now. They actually lose money on the playoff gm they get for the nfl every yr. their new nba deal is a total disaster. It’s the reason why they shove it down everybodies throat 365 days a yr. they have had to lay-off a ton of on air talent because of budget problems

Cejudo vs Moraes
Rivera vs Yan
Tuivasa vs Ivanov
Lamas vs Kattar
Munhoz vs Sterling

PPV of the Year.

Val/Eye will probably be boring. Herrig and Chook are boring too but their opponents will make it interesting. Personally I think 3 x wmma fights on a card is enough. Anyway isn't this what the haters have always wanted, a card dominated by wimmin and manlets to vindicated their view that no one cares?

Herrig can be boring sometimes, but her opponent is non stop action with plenty of cardio to keep up the high pace she puts out.

Well, he is the guy who said Lipski was going to take the belt at 125 and that Amanda Nunes was over-rated, so I would probably just say stupid.

Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Eye
Tatiana Suarez vs. Nina Ansaroff
Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Alexa Grasso

This might be the best WMMA card in all of human history (including all Invicta FC cards) !!!
I'll be looking forward to each of these 5 fights !!!

"Men's fights can be boring too."
Not nearly as often, and even if they were it would not matter. Last Superbowl was low scoring and boring. I have seen high school football games with more excitement. Yet people kept watching the super bowl because people want to see the highest level, above just a good game.

"If you like watching Page Vanzant you are tough because she goes hard and does not quit, if you like watching Conor you are a pussy because he quits."
Vanzant is not fighting Khabib, although that does not necessarily matter. LeBron is a wimp who plays with less heart than many high school basketball players. Yet people like watching him because people want to see the highest level.

"Valentina has better striking technique than Max Holloway."
WMMA fighter's technique come in two categories. The soccer moms who have super sloppy technique and next to no skill, and the robots who have a few canned moves. The robotic WMMA fighters often pass off as having good technique because their form looks very clean. However they lack the intuition to apply it with fluidity. There is obviously a difference between how Max utilizes pressure, accuracy, stance switching, distance, timing, form, etc. As opposed to Valentina who just goes in and robotic throws the same "technical" combinations.

"If you don't like WMMA you are gay, an incel, or insecure, etc."
If you like WMMA you are a beta, cuck, white night, etc.

"WMMA is making money. That is the reason they are pushing it so hard. If you believe a cooperation would do anything other than try to make money you are naive. In the real world people only care about money and suggesting that a powerful entity would do anything than try maximize profit shows that you are living in a fantasy land"
People push agendas.

"The skill level will catch up"
They train in the same gyms as men so there should not really be any catching up to do. At any rate WNBA is nowhere near the NBA skill wise, Women's soccer is nowhere near men's soccer skill wise. WMMA will never catch up because of genetic reasons.

No main event should ever have -1000 odds and be considered a good fight.
For some reason, many Sherdoggers seemed to find Valentina Shevchenko's beatdown of Priscilla Cachoeira to be meaningful and enjoyable to watch, and it had similar long odds.
Eye is tough... so if Valentina lands a lot of punches, it should be like a festival for the Just Bleed god.

latest

Cejudo x Moraes and Rivera x Petr Yan will deliver :meow:

Blagoy Ivanov x Tai Tuivasa is a great matchup too <{JustBleed}>

How? It's 3 shallow divisions...How the hell did that many fights from them make a single ppv card? Like sure, women deserve a chance. But they're just not as good to watch at this stage of their evolution in the sport. They just haven't been doing it long enough for their to be enough fighters at Nunes and Shevchenko's level.

Val/Eye will probably be boring. Herrig and Chook are boring too but their opponents will make it interesting. Personally I think 3 x wmma fights on a card is enough. Anyway isn't this what the haters have always wanted, a card dominated by wimmin and manlets to vindicated their view that no one cares?
Not when the event is in your home town ha

i'm sure you know better. please contact ESPN asap and tell them how it really should be, based on your outstanding market research

There are literally three ufc fighters who can pull in 500k+ buys, Conor, Jones, and Brock, please tell me, how often do you see these fighters fighting again?

UFC 237 & 238 do like 85k buys each

Last edited:
Looking at the card it seems like there's going to be a few lopsided beatdowns that night

Dana White doesn't appear to be the type of guy who's willing to lose millions just to satisfy the PC crew
There are literally three ufc fighters who can pull in 500k+ buys, Conor, Jones, and Brock, please tell me, how often do you see these fighters fighting again?
if you didn't know, their revenue isn't all about PPV buys anymore, plus they have ESPN to help promote all events and their fighters, not just for PPVs, all the fight nights too, something FOX never did. ESPN has the biggest reach in terms of market size, in the US. and UFC continues to make new TV deals abroad, just yesterday they expanded their deal with Abu Dhabi Sports to air PPV in the Middle East and North Africa, who knows how many PPV buys thats worth. add all their TV deals in Europe. ESPN are paying the UFC the equivalent of 500k buys for every PPV. and new stars will emerge, to be the big draws like Conor, Jones has been in the past. if you still think the entire future of UFC depends on PPV buys based on top 5 guys like Jones, Brock, etc., you're still living in 2010

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back