PBP UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Main Card PBP Discussion: 10pm ET/7pm PT/3amUK

Yo Jon is enjoying this a little too much he's a fucking socio path
Reminds me of the OSP fight I swear there was a moment I saw in OSP eyes when he realized Jones was not going to finish him and he was just there as a toy.

You guys like to bitch on how Fedor only demolishes cans, but at least it only takes him a couple minutes. Unlike Jon Jone who can’t finish a can in under 25 minutes.

Fedor > Jones
It can be pretty hard to finish a guy who’s only purpose in there is to not get finished.

The two fights before this one he finished DC and Gustafsson so let us not pretend that not finishing Anthony Smith means he sucks and can’t finish anyone.

Prelims for the most part where pretty good main card was a huge disappointment, other that Muhnoz vs Garbrant that was epic!.

Diego winning was the highlight of the night . Taught that young punk a lesson in respect.

Lawler getting robbed by that retard herb Dean. He wasn't in any danger at all. He beat Askrens ass.

Main and co-man where just uneventful and boring. What the fuck was Smith's gameplan?

Last edited:
Smith beat Shogun and Rashad to get a title shot <JagsKiddingMe>

Glad I haven’t watched a ufc event in a long time.

Mickey Gall is transitioning to boxing
Lawler and Askren tricked Herb Dean to get his ref licence pulled
Jon Jones bets on his opponent then attempts to get DQ'd on purpose
Woodley refuses to fight (also betting?)
Walker injures himself post-fight

Somebody needs to investigate this card.

So satisfied seeing Woodley smashed. Loved seeing Torres mauled. Cody's got no fight IQ, but he is great for mid-tier smash value.

In the future fighters that are down two rounds to one should start just kicking downed opponents in the head so they’ll lose two points but might hurt their opponent bad enough to finish them in that round if their opponent doesn’t take the DQ.

What’s two points for an illegal strike, if you’re already winning by large margin or losing...

Johnny Walker saves the night again baby

Johnny-Walker.png

I wonder what a loss here will do to Cody's confidence.
This was my first thought after he got dropped. While I don't like the guy at all. I kinda just felt really bad for him. To go from an undefeated champion to getting KO'd in 3 consecutive rounds. Gotta be brutal for the psyche. Especially with someone as mentally weak as Cody.

Smith beat Shogun and Rashad to get a title shot <JagsKiddingMe>

Glad I haven’t watched a ufc event in a long time.
So why are you commenting on a UFC event then? What did you take some kind of moral stand against the monopoly in all your ironic hipster glory? But thank you for letting everyone know you haven't watched the UFC in a long time. You are the coolest and most ironic.

Woodley's corner rightfully tells him he cannot keep moving backwards. Woodley proceeds to move backwards again.
"Get up" advice. Telling the fighter what to do without giving them the path to get there. There is another guy that also wants to move forward. Just walking forward is shit advice.

Back