PBP UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Main Card PBP Discussion: 10pm ET/7pm PT/3amUK

Good ufc card. Was great up until Robbie vs Askren.

He’s not boring
I tried to tell everybody. Five round decision, just like most of his fights. Forget the whole morality thing, Jones is far more boring than people want to admit. Boring is the norm for him actually. I had to stop watching midway through the second because it was just that predictable.

He’s not boring at all. The dude throws from all angles, attempts take downs, grounds and pounds and everything else the sport has to offer. He is a fucking technician.

Lol what kind bizzaro world is this? If I were Anthony Smith I would have laid on the canvas from that illegal knee and ran out of the arena with the new belt WWE style. Everybody hates Jon Jones....I would be a national treasure lol

no it would have been a dog move. most people would not have approved, its basically cheating if ur not legit hurt.

giphy.gif
Robbie isn’t an athlete. He’s a fucking Mortal Kombat character. Ruthless, and always going for the kill. Just Bleed!

Throws two illegal kicks during the fight, but acts like a cool guy during the interview. Jones is such a piece of shit.

lol no. He clinched a completely gassed Smith and tried to land the weakest shots possible. Its really obvious that he wasn't trying.

He was trying... When that final bell rang he was gassed.... Maybe it wasn't so much he wasn't trying, but instead dialed down his aggression due to almost losing the fight due to DQ in the fourth. ... Anthony Smith isn't a killer and he can be KOd.... This is akin to his OSP performance....

This is Jones we're talking about here, being a massive dick is just the way he is. If he could kill kittens in the cage with his bare hands he'd do it.

While he's doing just enough to torcher the guy without finishing him he's thinking, "everyone's pissed because I'm making a boring fight and playing with this guy but they can't do shit about it. Then I'm going to talk about god and really piss people off because they know I'm a sycopath and fake but they can't do shit about it. Life is good, I love this shit."

He was trying... When that final bell rang he was gassed.... Maybe it wasn't so much he wasn't trying, but instead dialed down his aggression due to almost losing the fight due to DQ in the fourth. ... Anthony Smith isn't a killer and he can be KOd.... This is akin to his OSP performance....

He dialed down his aggression because Smith saved him from losing his title.

This was a great card, until next time peace out sherbros!
giphy.gif

by 'taking the DQ' i assume you mean feigning injury liike a little bitch?

Really doesn't matter what your opinion is. He takes the DQ, he takes millions of dollars. This is prize fighting, that's all that matters.

There was no struggle, lol. You might have think he should have finished but Jones made easy work of him.

Yeah, Smith just didn't put up much of a fight. Neither did Tyron. The night ended with 50 minutes of one sided beat down.

LOL Askren on that rematch, "Want to run it back?"

Not really.

Was this event hosted on the moon? It seemed like everybody was gassed out within 30 seconds of fighting.

Glad that Askren got the W, as I like him, but he looked absolutely awful.

Woodley looked as though he had been hitting the bong all day prior to the fight.

This was a weird UFC event. Cody has to be retarded right? And Usman dominated Woodley worse than anyone ever. Askren looked like the scrub I thought he was then Lawler got choked out by a WWE move. Jones landed 120 shoulder jabs. Boring too.

Back