PBP UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounded like Rener was telling the doctor to talk to Ortega and mentioned something about his jaw...
tenor.gif

Both fighters are amazing, but Holloway is really 1 level above. That is some other dimension. Disappointed with Rener Gracie, he always seemed faked to me. But this time, he really didn't take his fighter's safety. He needed to throw a towel after rnd 4. Ortega was done!

He wanted to end the fight but didn't want people to say the Gracie Academy threw in the towel which is why he had Brian converse with the doctor knowing the doctor would stop it.

lol at this point max mops the floor with him. Max's chin is crazy good and his cardio will make mcregor wilt.

You're bullshitting. Conor trashed Diaz who is bigger and has arguably a tougher chin...
And last time they met Holloway was nowhere near Mac....so at best he might be as good as Mac was then.

why would fox or the ufc put Rashad and that other idiot on as post fight commentators... they are terrible...

You really don't get analogies do you? Also Aldo has more fights if you're REALLY into math (even though it doesn't prove the point i was making).
a slow 50 yo is completely different to a pro fighter in his athletic peak

hahahaahahahaha

You laugh, but you'll be shaking in your boots if that fight day ever comes.....
Remember last time they met....it wasn't close...if it was close you'd have a point.

I don't care about the cosmetic damage, I want to see a brain scan of Ortega and whether he starts slurring. Nothing that pretty boy deserves more. Concussion symptoms for making fun of Max's concussion symptoms. Poetic justice.

Give him brain damage.
where did Ortega make fun of Holloway??

You can't fight with one eye doctor was 100% right.
I'm not saying the fight shouldn't' have been stopped, but his eye wasn't totally closed either. Even the announcer realized that when they went to a closeup and he was able to open his eye to some extent. Basically, I don't think the fight would have been stopped due to that alone. But Ortega was taking such a beating, better for his health and career that that fight was stopped.

My prediction is that Max is just going to light him up from distance. Max strikes from kicking distance, Ortega strikes from boxing distance and does not go for takedowns.

Hate to say it, but called it. And only Wadtucket liked my post.

Are you willing to bet on that, if it happens? I'm giving Holloway a 20% chance to beat Mac, literally.
Max has improved leaps and bounds. Your faith in McG, although understandable, is over the top. If Diaz could wreck Conor, this version of Max finished Conor.

glad max won, ortega not accepting fights would have been a sign of the future. can you say t. woodley? max takes all comers!
Dude he took up a fight on short notice against Edgar
And it's a championship fight, fighters risk their life and health for our entertainment, that's a pretty harsh and unfair thing to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back